Where can I buy a second hand bike?

hi there,

I arrived to Budapest few weeks ago and Im used to move around the cities in bicycle. Could someone help me to find a place where I could get a second hand dutch bike here in Budapest?

Thanks, ;)

Not sure what you mean by Dutch, and near zero experience with bikes in Budapest, but here's the basic search term anyway:
http://www.google.com/search?q=haszn%C3 … 9kp%C3%A1r
(hasznalt is used, kerekpar is bicycle. Popular colloquial terms for bike are bicikli, bringa)

You can find treasures at flea markets, but no refunds, no returns, no warranty!

Hallo,

look at Török Utca near Margit Bridge- Hungarian friends say it is a good one-

good luck

Currenrly many second-hand bike shops are closed or sell only winter season stuff. On Saturday there will be a bikemarket in Szimpla Kert, see the FB event facebook.com/event.php?eid=188367684517235&index=1

By the way, I have a bike extra, here are the specs:
city bike, "male" frame, above average size, 28" size wheels, 5 speeds (internal geared hub), dynamo lights with brand new dynamo, coaster brake (aka back-pedaling brake), hand-operated brake for front wheel, bell, all possible reflectors, soft saddle with springs, full length mudguards of chromed steel, rear rack, chainguard, Kryptonite U-lock (worth about 5000ft), O-lock (the one that locks the rear wheel through spokes), loud bell.
Here is a pic manaratas.ee/edgar/bike.jpg
Asking price (including the lock) is 20000ft.
Contact me: [email protected]

O hi,
I was thinking about cross-posting between this thread and the relevant Budapest Couchsurfing group with your offer in it, but I though you are valuing this great bike so cheap you must have sold it long ago.

Got one for sale as I have two if need I can sell you my older one...it was from a Dutch person from Holland she brought it with her then sold it when she left...
It needs a little love but it works fine!

Hi,
Have you bought a second hand bike?
I'm in the same situation. I'm in Budapest and I want to buy a second hand bike.
If you have any suggestion, please let me know.
Regards,
Larcio

I visited Bike Base, Podmaniczky utca 19 in the 6th district. I spoke for a long time with a nice, young girl who spoke English. They had a selection of used, refurbished women's and men's bikes that started at 20 000 HUF. Their website is bikebase.hu/

Strange thing is you can find bikes for this price new as well; I guess the difference is in the quality.

Good luck,
Lindsay

Yes, roadside adverts for "tesco value" bikes start at 13.000 HUF, but you get what you pay for.
May last you a season though. Or you can replace the parts with used, quality parts as they break.

That used bike for 20.000 was probably 3x as much when new, and is likely to out-last the brand new Chinese crap by an order of magnitude.

I salvaged my bike from being thrown away about 5 years ago, so it was free. I had to spend about 15.000 HUF on it during the 5 years, albeit I use it rather roughly: It's stored outdoors a lot in all kinds of weather, I use it twice a day, plus rough trips in the woods for fun...

I had to replace tires, tubes, complete hind wheel with cogs, and just now I replaced the gearshift thingy. At this rate it is not worth my time to hunt for bargain parts too much. I try finding used parts for some time and then waltz into the nearest shop and get what I need. With some more persistence I could have saved about 50%, or got higher quality used parts.

@Etsike hey I'm interested in your bike

@Etsike hi I'm interested

Hello how are you doing? I still have used motorcycles available for sale, do you have a WhatsApp number or email address I can contact you with?

@chidieberemmezi9

@Etsike hey I'm interested in your bike
-@chidieberemmezi9

You are replying to very old post (11 years old)

Closed