Hurghada in Two Weeks

Greetings to all,

I will be relocating to Hurghada in two weeks form the US. I just wanted to know if anyone is living in Hurghada and have weekly gathering for expats.

i can help you

Yes, living in Hurghada, but I haven't heard about any expat group of US citizens.

u r welcome to egypt . i hope i was can help u but i live in another city hope u found what u look for and hope u spend nice time in egypt . u welcome in egypt

Hi,

I think I replied to your post previously in regards to moving to hurghada.
If you are a professional nurse and look for job in this area, Im not sure hurghada is the right place.

It does not have great hospitals, as you enquired before, nor great schools, as you mentioned before moving here with kids.

If you aimed to get a job in a hotel, bare in mind there aren't lots of job available, particularly if you do not speak German or Russian.

If you wish to teach English as MFL, again, there aren't lots of schools in hurghada, and the salary won't be that great.

Tourism is not going that well, you will find the seaside marina pretty empty. Many Egyptians cannot find work, and it is their country.

What is prompting you to move to hurghada in the first place? As a professional nurse you could easily get a well paid job in other countries such as UAE and KSA, or even explore the far east.

Why Egypt?

erikabrio wrote:

Hi,

If you are a professional nurse and look for job in this area, Im not sure hurghada is the right place.

It does not have great hospitals, as you enquired before, nor great schools, as you mentioned before moving here with kids.

If you aimed to get a job in a hotel, bare in mind there aren't lots of job available, particularly if you do not speak German or Russian.

If you wish to teach English as MFL, again, there aren't lots of schools in hurghada, and the salary won't be that great.

Tourism is not going that well, you will find the seaside marina pretty empty. Many Egyptians cannot find work, and it is their country.

What is prompting you to move to hurghada in the first place? As a professional nurse you could easily get a well paid job in other countries such as UAE and KSA, or even explore the far east.

Why Egypt?

Hello,

I respect your honesty but with all do respect, why do you have interest in questioning my reasoning in coming to Egypt? Are you not also an expatriate? I am pretty certain that something have prompted your interest in coming to Egypt as well. Like I stated before my husband is a computer networker in which his job is outbased in the US, UK, Germany, and interesting countries bordering Egypt. He could work at home therefore it would not be a problem to go elsewhere, as for my self, I plan to home school my children and work part time. Yes I am a nurse, but I have skills and other degrees that could land me a position anywhere. I even have the skills to start my business. So why is it that you are interested in intimidating me in now coming here? Last timed I remember, I can go any where I want even Egypt. I been to Australia, throughout the Carribean and out of ALL places I want to live in Egpyt. Is it a sin ? Are you that concerned about my welfare?

davist18leo wrote:
erikabrio wrote:

Hi,

Why Egypt?

Hello,

I respect your honesty but with all do respect, why do you have interest in questioning my reasoning in coming to Egypt? Are you not also an expatriate? I am pretty certain that something have prompted your interest in coming to Egypt as well. Like I stated before my husband is a computer networker in which his job is outbased in the US, UK, Germany, and interesting countries bordering Egypt. He could work at home therefore it would not be a problem to go elsewhere, as for my self, I plan to home school my children and work part time. Yes I am a nurse, but I have skills and other degrees that could land me a position anywhere. I even have the skills to start my business. So why is it that you are interested in intimidating me in now coming here? Last timed I remember, I can go any where I want even Egypt. I been to Australia, throughout the Carribean and out of ALL places I want to live in Egpyt. Is it a sin ? Are you that concerned about my welfare?

Well said.. i dont know why you should not come, i came and i'm soooo happy for jumping into this "crazyness"..

I wish you the best in this new adventure ;)

Excuse me, could you please explain to me how did I 'intimidate' you, or I question your 'motives' for coming to Egypt?

these are very heavy words indeed.

First of all, I'm not trying to deter you or anybody else from coming to Egypt.
My response is an advice based on the information YOU provided, in previous posts.

You specifically said to be a nurse and looking for 'good hospital's and 'good schools' in Hurghada
this is why I said that if this is what you are looking for, perhaps hurghada is not the best place to go and I suggested other locations, where it is easier to obtain such a job.

You will get an advice based on the questions you ask and the background you provide.

Nobody can read your mind about your husband working from home, or you planning to homeschool or start a business. If you would have listed other useful details  about your circumstances you might have got a different advice.

There is no need to be so defensive towards those who are trying to help you in your relocation.
Especially there is nothing offensive, intimidatory or personal in my post.

Yours instead seem attacking me gratously.

Regards

davist18leo wrote:
erikabrio wrote:

Hi,

Why Egypt?

Hello,

Hello.

Can you please calm down here? :)

Do not forget that we are here to share and help each other mutually.

Thank you,
Aurélie

i'm with aurelie

So far there's no Weekly gathering on Hurghada as far as i know from checking both websites here and another one, im sure there's plenty of expats/locals that want to meet each week and enjoy a conversation and a cup of coffee an such, see if u can make get intouch with some expats from Hurghada to orgnaize a meeting or some sort of "girls night out"?, its not a huge city like cairo or Alexandreia so it shouldn't be hard, ull find many that welcomes the idea in the forums,
Cheers

I think that Lotus group has regular (female only) meetings.

Hi if you have not found us yet Lotus Ladies meets every Wednesday at a cafe at the Marina at the far end near Abu Ashra.  In the Summer the time is 15:00 - 17:00 and in the winter 13:00 to 15:00.