Photography classes/photoshop lessons

Every day as I walk around HCMC I see people, Vietnamese and tourists of course, taking tons of pictures. Vietnamese girls pose with their friends for picture after picture and I've seen plenty of aspiring models walking the streets with their pals looking for the best locations to take their own glamour shots.

So basically it seems that photography is a pretty big deal over here.

I'm wondering if the locals on here, and maybe ex pats as well, would think photography lessons might be of interest to people here in HCMC? As well as lessons in photoshop?

The lessons would be in English so might also be a way for people to practice a little English while they're at it.

There are plenty on here who have been in VN far longer then I so just wanted to see if people thought this might be something that would be received well?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks guys!

Hello Buzzer.

You should post an advert in the Classes section in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds. It could help. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Will do, but the point of this post was to get an idea of what it was people might be interested in, if at all. Then I'll know what to post in an ad.

There are photography lessons, already, in Quan 7.

Cheers Jaitch. Any idea where? Can't seem to find anything bout classes in D7 through google?

Couldn't find it on Google? It's right there on Google Groups.

I sent you a PM with a copy of their post.

This is a really good idea.

I think your target market would be English speaking tourists.

It would be a great opportunity for people to see Saigon and learn how to use their cameras at the same time.

A typical course can consists of morning coffee while explaining basic workings of their camera. Followed by setting a theme i:e take pictures of everything red for the day. Then a walking tour of HCMC. Lastly a session on photoshop.

Contact me if you want to make this happen.

There is a course run in D2 that runs in the same way I believe.

Hi ,
I am an Indian Expat in HCMC. Would be interested in joining a photography class on the weekend.

Jasvinder
[email protected]
+84919097551

My name is Kevin, a local Vietnamese. Became interested in your class. Pls advise. Thanks.

aww. i love it too, i know photoshop a bit,have a nikon d90 camera, but barely use. that's great to open classes

Hi I can teach you how to use camera settings and use effectively.. also I teach basic photography.. if u r interested u can call me at 1272361117 or [email protected]

anyone wants to have a coffe discussing about photoshop or something similar ? :)

It's really a good idea. I'd like to join with you guys. I love photography but I have little skill about it :) Would like to study from you guys more. Please send me PM if you have free time for a coffee talking more about it first.
Cheers,

I like taking photo of nature and children :D,  but I dont have much skill. msg me is there any activity I can join.