Kitesurfing

Hey Guys

Does anyone here kitesurf or know of a group that does? My husband and I want to learn.

Thanks

Hello,
Found these for you.
q8kites.com/
chillnite.com/3145/2007/07/adventure-sports-in-kuwait-kite-surfing-kite-boarding/

Wind Rider Sports @ Shop 2, Mezzanine / Al-Muthana Complex / Fahad Al-Salem Street / Opposite JW Marriot Hotel
Kuwait City. Phone: +965-247-4788
WindRider.com.kw - but the site appears to be down at the moment, so they might only do Kite boarding on land but hey they hopefully can point you in the right direction.
Enjoy
VLL

Thanks bunches for your help :)

also, depending on ur sociability and friendliness, you can go out to marina beach in the evening and catch the kite surfers in action, ask em hands on if they are part of any group and that u want to join. getting it straight from the horses mouth.

i visited the shop in muthana with my friend, its right next to the mosque area in muthana, behind the childrens arcade.

Hi People.. great idea to kite surf in kuwait - but there was a bit on the Arab times recently saying that the sea is not fit for swimming in the city. So guess it's not fun falling off your board and ending up in a pool of sewage. So question is.. where to kite surf? Anywhere between Fahaheel and the Saudi border is built up with one chalet next to the other. Any ideas?

sportsman, im a bit confused.

kite surfing; swimming, falling off you 'board'?

3 different things mon ami; isn't kite surfing done on, you know, land?

Legacy,
Kitesurfing or kiteboarding is an adventure surface water sport that has been described as combining wakeboarding, windsurfing, surfing, paragliding, and gymnastics into one extreme sport. Kitesurfing harnesses the power of the wind to propel a rider across the water on a small surfboard or a kiteboard.
(wiki)
Rgs
VLL

Oh..and forgot people.. good luck trying to dodge the very respectful chaps on jet skis :)

Kitesurfing in Kuwait, or extreme kiting, is done on land.

unless the original question was about something different than what i thought.

Thanks guys for the info.
I was asking about kitesurfing on/in the water.
I talked to the guys at Q8kites and they told me that they will start up in the winter when there is a little more wind and hopefully we will be able to join them for some lessons. I hope we catch on really fast because I'm not too keen on swimming in dirty water. Maybe I should start a course of antibiotics before, during and after. Not sure which beach they kitesurf at. Forgot to ask :( Once we get going I'll let you know and maybe we can get an expat group going :)

sounds good I have just arrived in Kuwait and would also be interested in lessons at some point! Let me know if you get a group together, might be able to get some discount if a few of us book lessons!

Cool ! I'm in !

So was there any developments on this? Where do people go to kite surf anywhere in peace without fear of being overrun, in clean water and in a public unpolluted space?

I've seen some kite surfing in Kuwait on youtube - any updates on this?  Has anyone been out or organisaed anything?

Is there any updates on this at all, as I have never done kitesurfing but really want to try it and give it a go, so I would be a complete beginner but would love to learn and join a group :-)

howzit,

I swim often in the Gulf, going for the last time today at high tide. Returning home tomorrow for good.  There are many clean days and I've never had a bad reaction to the water.  I was covered in petroleum once however.  If the water smells oily or like New York harbor stay out.  I have had bad problems from SoCal polluted water before.  Don't go in with any open cuts or splits between your toes from athletes foot etc...You could lose a foot to cellulitis.  Marina Beach always looks rather clean compartively. I like Salmiya beaches near the Search and Rescue station.  The water feels great.  I can't stay away.  Good luck!

Kite Surfing happens near the Saudi border. Travel south down the 40 till you get to the 278 (about 20 Klm's before the Saudi border), you will have to pass the 278, make a U turn at the next allowable  place, back track for a very short time, then turn right onto the 278, then head east towards the sea, take the first right and it all happens in the man made lagoons. There can be about 20 people from various parts of the world kite surfing there on any Friday or Saturday. Enjoy it. Cheers

Hi,
Is anyone going to khiran lagoon on comming weekends?
Interested to join kwt kite fans  :D

Regards,
Peter

@97880859