Sports League

Hello anyone interested in creating or joining some type of sport league. Although not very good, i can bowl(ok), pool(decent), vball(ok), darts(never played serious), tennis(i suck), any other sports i'm willing to try. soccer (worst then terrible). 

i'm a typical football and baseball kind of person.  however, VN haven't discover these sports yet.

i would love to join a pick up vball game, anyone know of any place?

I'm bad at all the sports you listed but would def be interested. I'm a football and baseball fanatic as well. A few of us tried getting a flag football game started but we didn't have enough people. It'd be nice just to throw a football around to be honest

Jerry

how many people can you get?

I'm not sure, I think there was only 4 or 5 of us. If we could get a few people it wouldn't even have to be flag.. We could just do some 2 hand touch or something like that

I'm up for SOCCER, sepak tak raw, badminton, table soccer and swimming. But I'm ok to try more things.

let me ask around. maybe we can organize a 5v5 or 4v4. hit up a park and go from there. 

anyone else would like to join?

Count me in! Two hand touch, tackle, whatever! I'm a hockey guy so that isn't coming to Saigon.. ever.. =)

Heard Saigon just got their own basketball team, any hoops around the city?

Very interesting!! Please count me in.

> It'd be nice just to throw a football around to be honest
I feel the same way :D

any updates on this topic ktnguyen?

i'll play today if we want to get a meet up. Where can we buy a football though? I hope they have one at any of the sports stores. I also enjoy kick boxing so if anyone is aware of any sweet gyms let me know. Or anyone else who has gloves and wants to spar.

I bought a football (printed "Riddell") at a sports equipment shop just across the Reunification Palace.
But it was junior size. Probably there was no adult size.

I know my gym in The Manor has a kickboxing class..

I'm definitely interested in flag football or tennis.  I want to start a bowling league but not sure how expensive it will be.  Does anyone know?

Seronkatu,

Let me know if you wanna throw around or if anyone else wants to. I'll never be mistaken for Tom Brady but it will be fun nonetheless.

Oh also I am only at my apartment in d1 fri sat and Sunday's so those are the only days I would be able to play..

JVo18 wrote:

Let me know if you wanna throw around or if anyone else wants to. I'll never be mistaken for Tom Brady but it will be fun nonetheless.

Oh also I am only at my apartment in d1 fri sat and Sunday's so those are the only days I would be able to play..

Haha, thanks. So I will run and catch your gun like Randy Moss.
OK I can also play on Sat and Sun. How about the next weekend?

Oh I found a similar thread : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=169604
If all gather...

I brought back with me a football and havent used it yet. im down to throw the football around .I have a couple friends who want to play as well. Let me know when u guys come up with any plan.

I'm free next weekend. I'm actually listening to a pre season game online right now. =)

yea. sorry about this but i'm going to have to back out on the football thing right now. it's scorching hot theses days, and if there's something inside i'll be glad to join. but i don't think i'll make pass the first 15mins in this heat.

I'm in for sure.. so someone let me know next weekend. I'll repost and see how many we can get closer to saturday.

im free on both sat and sun. I have 2 friends want to join too.
Freddy is in
So we have 4 so far. Let me know who else want to play, so i can start looking for a field to book
Dewey

I'm in for sure too this weekend, except Saturday morning.

So we have 5 ppl for now.
there is a mini soccer field near my house in Distric 11, we can book it for 200 thousand dogn/ hour. Or we could just find a green area in distict 7 and play there. You guys have any suggestion?

Im in for any sport, Im not available this saturday though. Let me know for any future games or if you play on sunday.

I'm good for either day. FreddieWilson - what station were you listening to the game on, and who was playing?

Xavier Patrick wrote:

Heard Saigon just got their own basketball team, any hoops around the city?

Oh yeah. Wonder how popular's basketball in Vietnam.

JVo18 wrote:

I'm good for either day. FreddieWilson - what station were you listening to the game on, and who was playing?

101.1 its a radio station back home in Stl. I was listening to the Rams get smoked by the Colts. We have a long way to go. lol. Whats your team?

Haha yes the outcome of that game was decided after Luck's first pass. I'm a die hard giants fan. I've bled white and blue since I was 5. Watching The games last year was really tough since sometimes they play at 4 am Monday morning but it was worth it in the end though since they won it all.

I'm sure you have some fond memories of "the greatest show on turf" with Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt and Hakim.

deweynguyen88 wrote:

So we have 5 ppl for now.
there is a mini soccer field near my house in Distric 11, we can book it for 200 thousand dogn/ hour. Or we could just find a green area in distict 7 and play there. You guys have any suggestion?

I will follow you, and I want to play on Sunday!

hi seron,
can u play on sat? what time is good for u on sat?
what about other ppl?

sorry, not available on Sat. It's OK on Sunday..

hey guys! how about today!?

Hey boys, I would love to play today but I'm recovering from a sickness that struck me on Friday. Today has been the first day I've been even feeling well enough to get up and move around. I'll have to hold football off til next weekend for myself.

Oh, take care. The next time I can join will be 9th Sep.

Ok guys, i cant play today either.so let me know next week

Any updates here, guys?

I'm looking at playing badminton Saturday early night after work (or afternoon once no Saturdays for us start in Sept). Maybe even tennis lessons or football/soccer lessons.

Let's play! :D