Driving to Bahrain from Riyadh this weekend

Hi All

I am driving this weekend with family to Bahrain this weekend from Riyadh.

Any tips from you guys with regards to drivign directions, exits, key tips and must-do things in bahrain. I am going for 3 days only.

Regards,
Arsalan Mushtaq

Hi Arsalan Mushtaq,

Your topic has been moved on the Bahrain forum for better visibility.

Best of luck,
Christine

pkmusd wrote:

Hi All

I am driving this weekend with family to Bahrain this weekend from Riyadh.

Any tips from you guys with regards to drivign directions, exits, key tips and must-do things in bahrain. I am going for 3 days only.

Regards,
Arsalan Mushtaq

Hi Arsalan & In advance welcome to Bahrain :)

There are many things that you could do in Bahrain which require more than 3 days to cover it.

If you let's know what are you interested in, we may be able to provide you with some info that match with what you are looking for.

Regards :)

Hi there

first of all thanks for your message.

I am intrested in beach-views where you can sit and relax, waterparks, cinemas, some bit of shopping

More or less, I want to enjoy my days there.
I will reach Bahrain Wed afternoon and depart Fri after Iftaar

Waiting to hear from you.
Regards

Regards

Coming from the Causeway and on your way to Manama, you will see the exit to Seef District where you will find the main malls/shopping centers in Bahrain; City Center Bahrain, Seef Mall and A'ali Mall … Also, Bahrain Mall is in the opposite side of the high way and in front of Seef Mall; I think you will spend most of your time in this area (Seef District) exploring all of the aforementioned malls and enjoying its facilities.

Bahrain City Center; in addition to what it includes of the shopping stores and restaurants, it also includes “Wahoo” an indoor-outdoor water park, “Magic Planet” where you and the family can have some fun and a quite large Cinema Complex with its 20 Cinemas in operation offering you a variety of latest movies.

Another Water Park called “The Lost Paradise of Dilmun” near Bahrain International Circuit, it's an outdoor Water Park; you may consider to rent a chalet to spend your day in while enjoying park's facilities; it also has a kind of an artificial beach as well.

For places where you can enjoy sitting and relaxing by the beach, you may consider a drive to Amwaj Islands, it has some outlets where you can enjoy a meal while sitting nearby the beach; Marina Club and Coral Bay Club (Both are on Al-Fateh High Way) could be considered as a popular clubs for people in Bahrain as well as visitors if you would like to stay a day by the beach and make a try of the water sports on offer.

Hope this helps ... Enjoy the ride and enjoy your weekend in Bahrain :)

Regards,

thanks very much dear for such a comprehensive reply. sure m looking forward to that and bahrain will be a good fun place, m sure.

Will try to cover max activities and if not able to enjoy them this time will try them upon my next visit.

I hav already booked best western hotel in juffair and brining my own car so drive to al-seef district should be no problem.

Thanks again for your kind response.

Also can you tell me of some decent club for just to enjoy some music and life. I don't drink and I will be with my wife so all we want is just to get a safe feel of the disco theme and atmosphere.

thanks

You are most welcome my friend :)

The hotel you will be staying in has got a decent one (Cocoon Lounge)

Enjoy ;)

oh thats great man. thanks very much:)

will share my experience driving from saudi to bahrain and the activites in bahrain upon my return

Hi guys,
I have been to Bahrain couple of times.

Here, I have question regarding authority letter (as I have leased car). My question is that my letter will expire on Thu 15 Nov 2012. If I travel on 14th Wed and Return on Fri will that be an issue from either side of the borders?

Please let me know.

Thanks

I guess this will be up to the discretion of the border force at that time. I don't see it being an issue but they will ask when will you return and the answer you give is up to you.

brightonguy wrote:

I guess this will be up to the discretion of the border force at that time. I don't see it being an issue but they will ask when will you return and the answer you give is up to you.

As many people just got for the weekend and me departing on wed shouldn't be issue. But on my return on Fri, I am not sure whether I will be asked or not.

That, I don't know. Anyone?

At the border, if they let you out; for sure they will let you in, no doubt about that.

For peace in mind and to keep yourself in the safe side, contact the leasing company for consultation, they may extend the letter validity to cover your trip (If possible)

VidoDido wrote:

At the border, if they let you out; for sure they will let you in, no doubt about that.

For peace in mind and to keep yourself in the safe side, contact the leasing company for consultation, they may extend the letter validity to cover your trip (If possible)

Yeah, I am thinking the same that the letter is the permission to take the car out not to bring back in.

No point in contacting leasing company, as the final letter is issued by traffic police.
Lets see, may be I will try my luck.. hopefully shudnt be any issues.. coz I will be just one day extending on my letter.

I don't think there would be any issues ... Just go for it ;)