Driving boats and jet ski's in Bahrain

Dear All,

Maybe some one could give a answer, I am looking to purchase a small boat here in Bahrain. Do you need a special licence to drive a boat ot jet ski, what are the regulations and if where can i get one ( licence).

Thanksa lot in advanced

M.

Hi Murp and welcome to the forum..
Although i dont know the answers to your questions, i do know there is a place in Juffair (near the Oasis towers) where quite a few expats take their boats or jet ski's out for a ride at weekends... so hopefully some one out there has the answers your looking for and post a reply to help you.. :)

Thx
Jaz

Hi Murp,

I think that sailing a boat requires a licence but it might depend on the size of the boat. For jet-skis I don't think you need that.
I guess the easiest way is to get in touch with people selling boats and jet skis. They will definitely be aware of the rules and regulations.
I know through friends that since the unrest you have to declare that you own a boat and if I'm not mistaken, there is a marine curfew in case you'd like to sail at night make sure you won't get in trouble.

Have fun... The water is fantastic at that season :D

Cheers

Olivier

Dear Murp,

Yes you need a license for boating in Bahrain as well as registering your boat. You can do that at Coast Guard Headquarters in Sitra. [moderated: no free ads]