Super Bowl in Bahrain

Is there any organized watching of SuperBowl in bahrain, any good bars that will broadcast it at wee hours of the morning?

I would suggest giving them a call to see if any are. At a guess I would say the rugby club in saar would. As might the Dilmun club in their sports bar.

http://www.bahrainrfc.net/http://www.dilmun-club.com/

I think if you head to Jaffir where the American contingent hang out I'm sure you will find it. Try JJ's

Try RIC S country kitchen... It s a US bar where you can hang out watch the match and have a beer...

Sylvie Vermierdt wrote:

Try RIC S country kitchen... It s a US bar where you can hang out watch the match and have a beer...

Hi Sylvie Vermierdt, I'm so glad you joined the forum :D I had a feeling you would be of great help to everyone.

LOL

Dave, I wouldn't be so sure I'll find it, since the SuperBowl starts at 3 am Bahrain time, so I doubt it will be easy to stumble upon a place. Americans will probably watch it in their base.
Sylvie, I'll check with Ric's, thanks.
Jo, Dilmun and BRFC are rugby/football(soccer) places, I doubt they even know about SuperBowl.

Thanks, maybe TimeOut Bahrain will have it in the next issue.

flying_circus wrote:

Dave, I wouldn't be so sure I'll find it, since the SuperBowl starts at 3 am Bahrain time, so I doubt it will be easy to stumble upon a place. Americans will probably watch it in their base.
Sylvie, I'll check with Ric's, thanks.
Jo, Dilmun and BRFC are rugby/football(soccer) places, I doubt they even know about SuperBowl.

Thanks, maybe TimeOut Bahrain will have it in the next issue.

Good luck,

I know the clubs do F1 and other sports too so I thought they might do the superbowl. If not can you download it from the web and watch it at a decent time (turning off twitter, facebook, text and emails so nobody lets you know the result lol)

I can watch it live on the net, but thought it would be more fun watching it with a crowd. :)

So where did you end up watching the games? I heard there was an electricity cut for half an hour which took social media by storm.

I watched parts on line, but the connection was bad so I went to sleep. Watched sportscenter and highlights in the morning instead.
Now focus turns to 6 nations.

The Dilly and the Rugby club are playing all matches from the 6 nations

Rics in Juffair usually shows it. Bad picture and small screen is bit of a drawback though. Ramee Grand has it advertised as well. I haven't been to their sports bar yet.

Please let us know if anyone else knows of another place!!!

Ramee Grand in Seef? New one? Their sports bar is more like lounge bar, nothing sporty about it but lots of TVs, and I doubt they'll have good crowd for it. Since I live in Seef I think I might try that, and if it has no atmosphere, at halftime I'll move to Ric's.

The sports bar in Ramee Grand International has one of the most 'modern' equipment in Bahrain amongst other sports bars in the country. The place gets very busy over the weekend. I would certainly give the place a go as I find it very convenient and refreshing. However since Superbowl is an American thing, it is safe to assume the bars in Juffair will be busier than anywhere else.

Brighton, I don't question the bar's equipment, I'm just saying that id doesn't look like a sports bar, and few times that I went there, there is no crowd watching sports although games were on TV. I'll skip Ramee and go straight to Ric's as I just a called and i was told that 7,5BD will get you unlimited Budweiser and buffet.

I didn't think you were questioning the equipment there. I was just sharing my personal opinion about the bar :)

7.5BD unlimited Bud for Americans is a great deal in my opinion. They normally sell a bottle for 3.5BD.

I want to thank everyone that posted as I am somewhat new and was wondering the same thing.....glad I am not the only one willing to wake at the crack of dawn for the game.

Will it be in there bar downstairs or up stairs?

Guess I will see everyone at Ric's at 2 a.m'ish....I'll be the idiot with a Miami Dolphins hat.

By the way....I am also working in Al Khobar....

tmarti0920, you stumbled at the topic from 2 years ago. I won't be coming to Ric's tonight, so if you are, please check with them if they'll be showing it... My Cardinals didn't make it, so if I watch it, it will be from home...

@ Flying_circus >

As your topic is really an old one, do you wish to close it please?

Thanks

Priscilla :)

sure

Yes