Snorkelling and private sea clubs in Kuwait

Hi all

I'm new in Kuwait - got here 10 days ago :)

I love anything to do with the water - ocean or pool. Can anyone recommend a private sea club that I could join? I also love snorkelling - where can I do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Hi Q8y Debs!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Thanks, Armand. Any ideas about snorkelling?

Debs

hi Debs and welcome to Expat.com, and Kuwait :)

to snorkel you would need coral, or something colorful to look at beneath the waves. as far as I am aware, Kuwait does not have either. there is scuba diving of course, but snorkeling,,,

Thanks for that, Legacy - that's probably why I can't find any information on snorkelling :D

While I'm talking to you, do you have any information about the private sea clubs in Kuwait? I can't find any websites or actual info about them. I know about the Hilton and the Corniche. What others are there? Do they allow you in for a day so you can check out the facilities?

Thanks for being so helpful. I really appreciate it.

Debs

For anyone that's interested in snorkelling - yes, Legacy, there is snorkelling in Kuwait and apparently quite colourful coral and quite a few different types of coral as well - visit this website:

divecaroline.com/index.html

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers

yay! great help Debs :D

hmm, have you tried Messilah? if any cater to beach goes, it should be them.

Hi Q8y Debs and Welcome EB

Hi Moo, thanks!!

Thanks, Legacy, will check.

I'm not going to stop until I find snorkelling facilities. Dive Caroline ONLY does diving now....

Debs

The Palms hotel/club has a scuba diving instructor.

There is a british dive club in Kuwait. If you want their info I can get it for you.

Ops i just saw  the date when you wrote this, hehehe, im not sure if you are still in kuwait,, we are also planning to go for snorkling in  Mantas diving resort in Khiran.. or even go for scuba diving. just let me know if you are still interested, because its fun  if more people.

Dawn..

I'm Planning to go for snorkling  here in kuwait for the first time this coming saturday or maybe next saturday,,it defend hows the weather.

Hi Dawn - yes, I'm still here and would love to go snorkeling. 
Email me on d***

Kind regards
Debra

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

i want a scuba licence! wheres the best place to get it done Dawn?