Diving Anyone?

Now that the weather is getting warmer... anyone interested in diving? I haven't been diving here, but would really like to.

i want to get my license :D I'm in

Count me in.  I'm a licensed instructor and used to teach back in the States.  I haven't been diving here yet either, so I'm eager to get back into the swing of it here.

dont u mean, "dive back into the swim of it"? :P

sorry, its early morning, and im on my caffeine high

Good one.  Yea, that's what I meant.  I just dropped and smashed my favorite coffee cup, so I haven't had my required level of caffeine yet.  :(

I am terribly sorry to hear that...

lets have a moment of silence for that brave java-receptacle

Before that diving thing... Maybe u guys can join me and my friends to messila Tom :)

hi every one

coocoo wrote:

Before that diving thing... Maybe u guys can join me and my friends to messila Tom :)

What are you talking about here? I'm not sure I understand.
:P

I have NO idea how to get this going... but I want to go so bad... I'll even dive on your open water lessons... I just want to get in the water!!!

hey chipmunk!If you want to enjoy diving in coming dog days so bad, this nice guy is the best one to help you. a.mansour talk to him coz his whole life is about swimming

Has anyone found any good diving clubs cz i want to start learning when i get to Kuwait in Sept?! :) Never done it before been meaning to here in Qatar but havent found the time. Need a good beginners class, ease me into the water :)

thanks

Allybee

theres a new one that popped up on the radar, bubbles kuwait or something. sounds ominously flaky but hey, could be worth a shot. give em a holler and see whats up

AllyBee, here is the link, lemme know what u think

thank legacy

that was a big help, cant wait to get my feet wet now :)

Allybee

Hi you can help at least

Jhonpitt

Sorry dont understand the post you have written.

Ally

Is this issue dead?

have you done any diving since your first post Satcomguy? :)

Hi ididnt get that but surly love swimming in the beach at least In this days

Hey everyone

I found an iphone app showing all the marine wildlife - its called Kuwait Sea Base. it is made by the Sea turtle conservation group.

nice app for your diving.
Ally

SCG and I are shooting for diving on Friday!  :)

Cool sounds good!!

Have fun :)

Hi all,

I just moved here on a 3-month Visa doing telecommunications work with Zain. I have signed up with Bubble Diving Center @ 130KD for Open Water and will be starting the course on Sunday.

They Dive Fri/Sat and do in-class work on Sunday with pool dives in the week.

Thanks for this great thread!

Cool sounds good let me know if its any good, want to start diving once im in Kuwait in sept :)

thanks JCom! will definitely look into em!

I am in would love to go diving.

keep me updated please, will be in  Kuwait next FridAY.

Sound Interesting I ll might start in September too , I m in Lebanon for 3 weeks then I ll go to morocco .. Will be back by mid August .. I d like to take dicing lessons too

hi all,

there arent many dive sites in Kuwait, and the few ones out there arent the best you will ever dive...so no need to get too commmercial about it.

i live between Kuwait and Dubai and I come to Kuwait one or twice a month, and normally go diving in Kubbar, om al maradem, and Garouh islands...

I will get back to you soon with couple of contacts ( instructors) that can give you intro / discovery dives unless you wona start ahead with the real deal course( open water)...

once you get certified, you can join any diving group, just rent your gear and get on da boat, as said eqarlier no need to get touristic and too commercial about it we do it on our own all the time.
needless to say, you can always exploor other sites in the area, UAE ( fujirah and Musandam 3 hours from Dubai) are full of rich dive sites and beautifull places, these are kinda of a full weekend dive trips but they defo are worth it.

here is a though...send me some details, whoever is interested, and age, dive experience, availability to start course...how many of you..do you have your gear or not...etc...and I can work out something and get you in contact directly with an instructire ( if you go in punch you can get a very good deal and it will be more interesting)

P.S : I don't do this for business.! i got  real job! :D but i'm always recruiting dive buddies! :)
enjoy

I found the course package (open water and advanced) for 180 kd foe individual course. Including everything of gear, instructor and boats. i think u can get them cheaper as a group

so, have you dive yet? I has PADI license if you want to take me :)

So i read the entire post and still didn't see where anyone went diving here in Kuwait.

Nevertheless, if anyone can recommended a good dive shop or other option it would be great..

Have a great day!!

kubar island..garoh..om al maradem. these r the good sites

nino249 wrote:

So i read the entire post and still didn't see where anyone went diving here in Kuwait.

Nevertheless, if anyone can recommended a good dive shop or other option it would be great..

Have a great day!!

I'll be in when and if i get there. just waiting for eid to finish then i chase up the company.......
q8divers.com
kuwaitmantas.com
kcd.com.kw/eng.html

I think i have to learn how to swim first before diving lol
I have a fear from water ;p

then its best to get over your fear first before heading in the deep end :)

Hi Friends,

I searched a lot about diving centers before joining Open Water course. Finz,  Caroline, Manthas and Apple are some of the institutes where you can learn scuba diving and get yourself certified from PADI or SDI or some other organization.

I completed Open Water course few weeks back and now certified from PADI. Count me in for any dives. I am very interersted in continue diving (water temperature is going down so only few weeks left i think).

Rahul

hey Rahul, who did u end up going with? how long did it take, price etc? do share the info!

I'm a diver for a long term now and had many diving trips like in the red sea which has classified sites as best diving sites in world and worked in diving too but it's like this having too many people diving in same times or even doing their courses in confined water atthe begginig isn't a good thing to do . It's totally wrong condition for diving .