I Love Viet Nam - A Non-Profit Group To Help Foreigner Discover VN

Hello Everyone

Why dont we establish a goup name "I Love Viet Nam" in Ho Chi Minh city instead of separated Vietnamese  with those object as below :
- To help foreigner ( especially tourist) to understand our culture, language, vietnamese people... We are tour guide with non-fee
-To help foreigner learn Vietnamese ( I think the best way is teach them wihout fee because they come our country to earn living;therefore, we dont get money from them, instead we have chance to exchange language with them and learn more about their countries)
-Time : I only have free time all night in a week and weekend. For the rest of time in day, others friends will help them.
-Places: You can discuss with foreigner where they want to go in urban such as War Museum, Notre Dame, Ben Thanh Market... show them where to eat, local market...in order they have the best information about our country. For suburb such as Cu Chi tunnel... we should make plan and gather a group to hang out for fun ^_^

Warmly welcome all Vietnamese and foreigner join in this group and tourist are on your road to discover Vietnam.

Pls feel free to contact me.

Hope to see you soon.

Best regards
Kim Ngan

The Idea itself is clearly good.
The forum is already a group like this, aimed at the expat.

As for the tourists, you might consider one or more of the following aspects:

- tourists travel in groups/families/alone

* on budget time
            * budget money
            * (even commonly denied) SEX
            * to show off pictures ( look, I have been there)
            * being away from it all

There might be only very few tourists actually, having at least a bit of interest. I am living close enough to see the common tourist: Many entering the country for 14 days and aiming for 14 destinations.

To understand Vietnam (or just any country), that needs more likely a bigger operation including activities as home stay holiday, working holidays and/or combined travel (Vietnamese and Foreigners) over longer periods of time than the common 10 days on 7 destinations.

Also I would consider, that the 80% of population, not living in one of the big cities or on the tourist trail, are Vietnam. Plenty of fisherman, farmers, factory workers and hawkers as well as the side affects of developing nations.

Already here in the forum, you will see opinions, showing clearly, very few foreigner can/want to understand Vietnam - but stay here long time already or plan to do so.

hi Nhandong, there are already groups like your idea called The Vietnam Guide in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city. They are still growing, you can try.

Here you go folks:

Actually, it's to commemorate the Hung Kings, not king.

I'm sure you love the April 30th/May 1 extravaganza, don't you?  It doesn't bother me, because it was an impressive defeat. 

I will make it a point to visit Burger King, Baskin-Robbins and a few of the other American companies that are doing business here, however.  I don't like their food, but I'll make an exception on that day.

You're a live one aren't you Marky boy?