How do we get invited to parties in riyadh

I don't know I think you get few kinds of expats (and everyone weighs up the factors before handing in their passport and getting on the plane)

1. The unskilled person who's is desperate for any job that will pay enough to eat and sends the money back home, this includes Ireland, Greece, Spain..........

2. The semi skilled who get paid a bit more than they would, but come here as it's tax free. (and I meet a lot of UK people in that boat)

3. The very skilled from anywhere, who will irrespective of skin colour command the salary their skills are worth (and if this is not the case please see immigration Canada or Australia as you might as well go there, should be easy enough to pass the points tests even without country time or family).

4. The very skilled who actually enjoy Saudi, irrespective of any racial barrier.

The basics of the country which are excellent is "if it's not benefiting for you leave", and if you skilled enough, or feel persecuted there are other places that will gladly welcome you. See the immigration sites earlier.

Bear in mind unlike Canada, US or Australia no matter how long your here you won't be staying, so cut your losses now and put your money into a more permanent comfortable existence where you feel appreciated.

And those masters degrees (which are like bumholes - everyone's got at least one) will let you sail through the point systems.

Sorry to sounds like a complete b******* but last time I checked Saudi was optional for non-saudis

All of that is irrelevant.

Your assertion that everybody is paid handsomely here, is categorically false. (Still talking about professionals)

Salary discrimination on the basis of national origin is de rigueur in this country.  (you are so wrong about #3)

mrthoth wrote:

last time I checked Saudi was optional for non-saudis

You're right--but it still stings when you're the one being discriminated against. 

And BTW, I qualify as #2.  Certainly not making a killing, salary-wise, but with no taxes or overhead, doing quite all right.

nothing irrelevant about it, you no doubt have the right to vote somewhere..... as the Saudis have the right as a sovereign state to make the laws and treat people as they like, who in turn will tolerate it or eventually leave.

If the discrimination is really that bad, Canada or Australia are the ways to go. If you want to contribute and feel wanted.

One factor people seem to misplace is the "buying power" of their salary where they come from. No doubt a 7000 Riyal a month job here after a year can buy a pretty nice house and education in certain places. In real terms that 30% or 10% salary is worth far more, those people will be securing their families future far easier than any "westerner" ... pity also the Americans and Canadians who have to pay tax even when here double oppression.

Bottom line respect the regime, I personally like the way they have no intention of allowing externals to influence them, and in any case once Brazil and the rest of South America get their ass in gear there will be no technology or construction jobs left here anyway, so everyone's screwed - but it will be the lower cost persons first.

I'm told repeatedly that there are better options in Baku for Oil and Sanfransico for Software, maybe monster.com is the website to be browsing. I've not seen much change in the last 30 years, and I don't expect any in the next 30. This isn't Britain, the US, or Canada don't expect anyone to buckle to the requests or needs of non citizens, or even let you become one.

2 parties already? wow, can you just connect me to anybody *ANYBODY* who can help me having a nice time in new year's 2014, really I'm not planning to stay in the hotel in this event. I've been in Riyadh for only 2 weeks and I'm just bored as hell

Hi mandofagasta,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

For more visibility, it would be best if you start a new thread on the Riyadh forum.

A few words about yourself can also help you in creating some contacts :)

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

if someone wants to join me in a party please call me 0537768316 for details its on 28th of Feb.

count me in, i will be back to riyadh on 17th,...

Lol..... I know what you mean about the boredom.....

Have you tried the Hash on Friday?

how to get a invite from a person in compound? Can you just go to compound and ask for entry???

Even if you are a foreigner?

l3g3nd wrote:

if someone wants to join me in a party please call me 0537768316 for details its on 28th of Feb.

is it in romaizan compound? ;-)

alpha89 wrote:

To be honest if you want to go to parties, it helps if you're 2 out of any of the following things.

1) White (or from non-arab or OFW countries) but mostly white.

2) A young woman (or just young in general)

3) Very sociable and exceed at networking (if you were this you would have found them already)

There are of course other ways if you do not meet this criteria, but not ways I can discuss on the forum. I probably won't help you if you PM me too, too many Saudi's here.

Harsh, but true.

You hit the nail right on the head.  I'm always contemplating throwing parties at my place, movie nights, or pool games, but have no place to post them, hence I am usually stuck hanging out with the same group of people from the Embassy time after time.  It's not like you can post something saying "Westerners Only Respond" because everyone will respond anyway..... I have met a couple people both on here and in other ways that have (albeit SLOWLY) expanded the group I socialize with (That I can trust), but they have been far and few in between....  That and not everyone is comfortable coming onto the Diplomatic Quarter (either they cannot get a ride to be allowed back on to pick them up, or cannot stay out late due to work related curfew,etc).  Even if you do have the "creature comforts", you can still feel like you are in jail....................

Have to agree, I tend to hang out with the same people as well. But tend to a avoid saying where I live, patricularly in the presence of teachers or nurses  as I don't want to be seen as a compound lever. Sad but true. But then I'm a bit of a soft touch.

I don't mind so much saying where I live, as (like I said), it tends to shy alot of people away for the reasons I stated (transpo, etc).  It would just be a refreshing break to get add new people to the "usual suspects" :D

Guys i am really fed up ....
if there is any parties these days please include me as well....
a Indian Gem,,,,

jobsree wrote:

Guys i am really fed up ....
if there is any parties these days please include me as well....
a Indian Gem,,,,

Fed up?  No ones (at least people I know) just going to up and invite people they don't know to party.  Saying something like that seems like you think people owe you an invite.  I may be wrong, but any invites usually come after people know each other and know they aren't going to get burned by inviting folks they don't know.

Just sayin.....

mrthoth wrote:

Have to agree, I tend to hang out with the same people as well. But tend to a avoid saying where I live, patricularly in the presence of teachers or nurses  as I don't want to be seen as a compound lever. Sad but true. But then I'm a bit of a soft touch.

To add to my reply.... Too many fake people on the sites as well. You invite them, or give them info on embassy parties, and you never hear back from them again.  Sorry for the language, but fuck being used just to get an "in".

me been here for a year and i got bored of the life, so i travel bahrain, dubai and other places for fun once in a while. so just got used to this life and its going on hehehe. Everyone is fedup of life here but still they got something that gets rid of it. So Mr Jobsree find something more interesting, rather just getting invited for parties.... good luck...

hiii im new here in riyadh and id like to party .. im soooooo board any ideas how to have some fun , im dying here :(

hi

because of not knowing maid me to write this...if i know many people..obviously i get invited and you never see such message from me.
come out of negative mind...there are people wish to make new buddies..it is for them...

What's up bro I'm from Ireland came here to this shitty place Money ain't everything man I understood what people said about money can't buy happiness I think we can sort something out if your interested ? Add me on Facebook Aymen scooby H !! Peace man and if anyone can see this hit me up to I live in Riyadh

Man I wanna party too had to get the fuck out my home country from all the problems and now I feel like like I'm doing time here should stayed at home 😔 Hit me up on Facebook 2 people is better then 1 to find parties girls and all that good stuff it's hard to do it alone no if u already found shit to do please do help man !

I'm dying to party too bro hit me up on Facebook Aymen scooby H if u already found parties and that still do help a nigga out ! U were stuck too 💯 Even if u didn't find parties girls and all that 2 people is better then one trust me I'm fun bruh ! I honnestly can't do jack shit alone a buddy would give me confidence to find all this good shit ⁉️⁉️

Text me try to sort out !

I'm lucky and fortunate to go to a party every weekend, if your interested, I can get you in our groups; we have different kind f events every weekend, also salsa classes and sports activities in compounds.... Like someone just said, it's all about being connected, and connected with the right people, our next event is the New Years Eve, shoot me a pm if you'd be interested ;)

ASAP flow wrote:

What's up bro I'm from Ireland came here to this shitty place Money ain't everything man I understood what people said about money can't buy happiness I think we can sort something out if your interested ? Add me on Facebook Aymen scooby H !! Peace man and if anyone can see this hit me up to I live in Riyadh

if it is shitty place then GTFOH, u guys scared the shit outa ur self and lock your selves at home and complain about it, go out and see the city of 7 mil people livin in. man up and go out to the public places nobody care who you are or where you come from, honestly, you think everyone wants a piece of you when no one is noticing that you are exist. and  this shitty place as you called is my hometown, if you really are going insane, then just hit the airport and leave. jeeez

:thanks:  The Local One.

I offer free drop-offs at the airport for anyone wanting to leave, that'll save you 100 riyals and becoming a taxi drivers "habbibi"  :P

Let's hope after the January break the "I hate this place, <anywhere> is better" brigade all get an entry/exit visa and leave when they have the chance. Seems the little extra people get paid here attracts a whole new breed of weird expat types, every year the same nonsense.

Hi Ian, welcome to Riyadh. I just arrived a week ago from London. Can't help much as I'm just starting to settle in. Moved from hotel to a compound a couple of days ago. I have heard that your embassy might be a good source for events and parties. Good luck.

Welcome to Riyadh..  The land of opportunities

U can enter some other compounds now without having someone there...  I gt some names

Sounds interesting..  M getting bored here just like everyone here..  Plz let me knw if u hv a place for any events soon

Why don't one of you guys/girls arrange one and invite the rest of us 😀

Good idea m in :)

Good, so someone will arrange one - maybe in a place where Yemeni and/or Saudi people aren't banned.

Sounds good. But I believe the user "iamthere" already has something planned on the 25th, so maybe we can just join that.

Hello everyone,

There is indeed an upcoming event : Events in Riyadh

All the best
Bhavna

any parties or event or get together s etc for me ?
plz inbox me if any thing for me.

i can invite you if ur ready ??????????? there is party at every weekend and on this coming new year.. but just a cpl of days before some one send a message for party invitation when we ask his/ her don't who she was identity prove .... she escaped.

Is this idea still arising your minds or stopped???? if so, let me know to join you guys..