How do we get invited to parties in riyadh

I got my IQAMA in a week.

@all, better always use @Person name or just their name to reply, coz am confused with, who's replying for whose message. Only few people do that and thats good way to explain things to the right person. I like the way Ms Alliecat and some of them does for their replies.

mrthoth wrote:

What you need to bear in mind is even if you have excellent photos handed in, your Iquama is the one they took at the airport of you look like a mess when you first came off the plane :)

Completely agree with U   :)

@mrthoth, i completely looked like a mess. when i got my IQAMA, i told my management, oh sorry this is not mine, might be someone else. Surprisingly they said its your, check your name on that and its you lol. Traveled so long arrived with a sleepy face, tired body standing in long queue for several hours, then it comes for the photo with a sad face. Thats what you get on your IQAMA hahaha

Alliecat wrote:

If you freely and readily 'put out,' you'll be invited to parties every night of the week ;)

Give me five Allicat :p

Take the advice from the experience :)

Ml7 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

If you freely and readily 'put out,' you'll be invited to parties every night of the week ;)

Of course, this is why I spend a lot of time sitting around my apt., watching TV :lol:

Alliecat wrote:
Ml7 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Of course, this is why I spend a lot of time sitting around my apt., watching TV :lol:

Sometimes we parties alone .. :P

Ml7 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Ml7 wrote:

I assume you're speaking for yourself :P

Alliecat wrote:
Ml7 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Without assuming ... You are absolutely right :P

Ml7 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Ml7 wrote:

Without assuming ... You are absolutely right :P

I knew it! Your hairy palms gave you away :whistle:

putting out, never understood that term sounds like something mac men get arrested for in the park

mrthoth wrote:

putting out, never understood that term sounds like something mac men get arrested for in the park

I guess it's cause you're 'putting out' the 'goods' (for anybody to make use of)?

so people still looking for party invitations through forums here !!!

TheLoneRanger wrote:

Yep!  The 'fun' never ends here! lol

Alliecat wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Yep!  The 'fun' never ends here! lol

I know :lol:

Alliecat wrote:
mrthoth wrote:

I'd like to think people will talk to me for more than an invite to a piss up.

BRAVO!  I call those people 'compound whores' because they'll do just about anything for an invite.

oh my god "compound whores" the best metaphor i ever heard. Good one

If only I knew such beasts existed, all the diseases I could have had, and you don't even need a prescription for anti-bio-tics here :)

It does make the smallest violin in the world play though when you hear of squawking about the awful conditions "The conscripts" are "forced" to live in. Makes you wonder why those flights out seem to only be once every 2 years :)

How did Saudi manage to attract all these socialite partee animals.

mrthoth wrote:

I'm always surprised by the number of people who suddenly become desperate to become more social than they ever were, after they've arrived in Saudi. I've met more drunk westerners in the gulf (and I'm Scottish so that's saying something) than anywhere else.

Just need to get comfortable with your own company, and yes I do live in a compound but more due to the Companies rules, but I'd like to think people will talk to me for more than an invite to a piss up.

I'm sure mrthoth that they'd want to talk you just for the chance to hear the accent. Anything beyond that would be icing on the cake :)

qassabra wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
mrthoth wrote:

BRAVO!  I call those people 'compound whores' because they'll do just about anything for an invite.

oh my god "compound whores" the best metaphor i ever heard. Good one

Thanks!

Kierith wrote:

I'm sure mrthoth that they'd want to talk you just for the chance to hear the accent.

Scrooge McDuck? ;)

Scrooge works as well :)

Hi All.

You can drop me your email via PM, ill keep you guys posted with anything interesting going on.

Have a great week ahead.

Qasim91 wrote:

You can drop me your email via PM, ill keep you guys posted with anything interesting going on.

Hi, Why not sharing the same in the common forum, so that everyone can avail the opportunity :)

Qasim91 wrote:

A FORUM is for sharing information.  So please, if you're going to keep people posted, don't try to take them private.  Share here for everybody to know.

Thanks! :)

Pockets are just a tad too long for the arms to reach into. We still have £1 notes, that's a lot of cash.

The accent is awesome though, mellifluous I'm told, they don't know I'm really like Raffles from the Viz . So awesome in fact it got to the point in Toronto where I stopped talking in public. Girlfriend getting enraged by being blocked out by waitresses and general ladies hassling me. My response...... "Yes I'm Shrek, and I don't give a monkeys ass where any of your grandparents or great grandparents came from"

mrthoth wrote:

Pockets are just a tad too long for the arms to reach into. We still have £1 notes, that's a lot of cash.

The accent is awesome though, mellifluous I'm told, they don't know I'm really like Raffles from the Viz . So awesome in fact it got to the point in Toronto where I stopped talking in public. Girlfriend getting enraged by being blocked out by waitresses and general ladies hassling me. My response...... "Yes I'm Shrek, and I don't give a monkeys ass where any of your grandparents or great grandparents came from"

Mellifluous?  Most of the Scots I've talked to I couldn't understand a word they said (no offense) lol

I have a special premium rate number, 50 halllalalas a minute, but your right most Scots women I speak to have more teeth in their handbags than their mouths - which is peculiar as the dentist and orthodontics are completely free :rolleyes:

mrthoth wrote:

I have a special premium rate number, 50 halllalalas a minute, but your right most Scots women I speak to have more teeth in their handbags than their mouths - which is peculiar as the dentist and orthodontics are completely free :rolleyes:

I'm not referring to number of teeth lol  I'm referring to accent!

parties in riyadh  those i have seen where any thing but a party

Alliecat wrote:
mrthoth wrote:

Where do I find these whores you speak of? :D

alpha89 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
mrthoth wrote:

You live in a compound and they're not swarming around you yet?!  BTW, the compound whores are both male and female.

Alliecat wrote:
alpha89 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

You live in a compound and they're not swarming around you yet?!  BTW, the compound whores are both male and female.

Totally kidding, I have them on lockdown.

I'm the male one.

I'd like to know who they are to avoid em.....

With so many places out there, and everyone here paid so handsomely why would such things go on ? In saying that there are some amount of ropey beasts out here :)

Well I can share that the newly opened Restaurant and Coffee shop at Granada Village Compound is organizing a Halloween Party on Thursday 31st 8:00 pm to 2:00 am.

that place is like Halloween all the time........ spookiness galore, creepy lie a ghost town wooooooo

I think there's a cheaper one at Seder as in not 200 Riyals

Is the party invitation only? Or do we just turn up on that day?

i believe you call the compound and reserve your ticket....agree with ghost town ;) but not in a spooky way, quite tranquil actually

mrthoth wrote:

With so many places out there, and everyone here paid so handsomely why would such things go on ?

Because not everybody is fortunate enough to be provided with accommodations on a Western compound by their employer and to try to pay for it themselves eats up what they wanted to save.

So whats the contact information? Is there an entrance fee?

Alliecat wrote:
mrthoth wrote:

With so many places out there, and everyone here paid so handsomely why would such things go on ?

Because not everybody is fortunate enough to be provided with accommodations on a Western compound by their employer and to try to pay for it themselves eats up what they wanted to save.

+1

And it is ludicrous to think that everyone is paid handsomely here.  Yes, expats here are paid more than they are back home or at least are able to save more, but in absolute terms, hundreds of thousands of expats are paid insulting salaries because they don't have white skin, or at least, don't have a white people country passport.  And no, I am not talking about street cleaners or laborers here, rather, professionals such as teachers, accountants, technicians, doctors, engineers, etc.  SR. 3,000 to 7,000 is the typical salary of hundreds of thousands of professionals from India, Pakistan, Egypt, Sudan, Yemen, etc, even though many have Master's degrees.  Westerners in the same positions, even within the same companies, are paid anywhere from 3 to 10 times as much for the same jobs and responsibilities, even if they are less educated than their Asian counterparts.  This is no secret, everybody knows this.