Advise on PR application in Canada. Pls share the info! :)

Hi Guys

I am a Singaporean gal who just submitted my application for Canadian PR in last Dec. I applied under skilled worker program but it seems my occupation category quota has been reach. I was told the quota was kept at 500 a year for the past 2 years. How can I get around to be within the first 500 applicants? I am eligible base on the point test I took and my brother lives in Vancouver as well.

But it seems another way to go around is to get a job there first. How hard it is for someone to look for a job without a PR status?

Hi von_leng and welcome to Expat.com!

Browsing through the forum may be helpful.;)

Harmonie.

even with a PR, finding a job is very challenging.. unless your skill is rare that the company is willing to sponsor you.

Hi everyone,

I am also from Singapore.
Is it easier to secure a job in Canada, followed by a PR application, or the other way round?
Anyway, may I know where is the best place to look for a job?
A little bit of myself: I am currently studying business, and I'm looking forward to migrate to Canada once I graduate.

Thanks!

For us was it much easier to get a job WITH a PR status. A lot (almost all!) job ads say:"no need to apply if you are not allowed to work/live in Canda"

HippoLogic wrote:

For us was it much easier to get a job WITH a PR status. A lot (almost all!) job ads say:"no need to apply if you are not allowed to work/live in Canda"

Hmm, then how do you get a PR status without job offers over at canada?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … ly-who.asp
Over at cic, in order for applications to be eligible, it states that skilled workers need to have one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following eligible occupations within the last ten years. Can this experience come from outside of canada?

that's the tough thing about canada
they are very different from singapore. I was there about 7 or 8 years ago and without a valid pass for work, i had to return.

KeyOfHeart wrote:
HippoLogic wrote:

Hmm, then how do you get a PR status without job offers over at canada?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … ly-who.asp
Over at cic, in order for applications to be eligible, it states that skilled workers need to have one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following eligible occupations within the last ten years. Can this experience come from outside of canada?

The workexperience outside Canada was also expercience. I don't know if that is still applicable since the rules have changed a bit since 2011.