Job hunting

i am a filipino who've had the good opportunity to stay at richmond(short visits two weeks to a month 2005 and 2006) because of my work here in the philippines. i met wonderful pinoys whose names i already lost because i lost my cellphone. now, i am thinking of working there and is seeking friends who could help me. i am a professional and have background in management. i can do excellent office work and is very willing to do any other jobs preferably in hotels, hospitals, or even convenience store. good hearted people out there, please help. many thanks.

Welcome on board wishtowork :)

While waiting for other members to bring their input, you can have a look at the page Work in Canada. You can get some useful information which might help you.

Best Regards

Looking for a Job in Canada? Willing to move to other Province?
here are some career fairs you can attempt:

- Ottawa, ON: February 3, and September 15 2011, Lansdowne Park: 12 – 5:30 p.m.
- Montreal, QC: February 24, and September 12, 2011: Place Bonaventure: 12:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Calgary, AB: Calgary Stampede: 12:00 to 6:00 p.m, on the March 21, and October 03, 2011.
- Vancouver, BC: Vancouver Convention Centre: 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. on the September 12, 2011
- Halifax, NS, Canadian Immigration Museum: 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. on the March 28, 2011.

Hello Everyone!  I am new to the blog and have many, many  questions about moving/living/working in Vancouver BC.  Presently, my husband and I live and work in Austin Texas; however, we are looking for a change of pace and a different life style.  We are planning a trip to Vancouver in the next couple months to get a feel for the city, but I wanted to get some input from the people who already live/work there.  I guess my first question would be, how hard are jobs to find?  I have a college degree in criminal justice and my husband is a Union pipefitter with 17 years of experience.  I have many more question, but that one should be a good start.

Hi there,
I'm an Aussie/ Filipino who will be going to Canada in August.
Is there a quiet period in the job market in Toronto?
In Australia, from December up to February the job market is relatively quiet as many people are on holidays.
Is there a "quiet" period in Canada?
Thanks,