Need some tips please!!

Hi

My friend and I are flying to marrakesh tomorrow at 4pm for 5 days, we are staying at an all inclusive hotel and have our transfers organised, can anyone tell me where i should change money, should we do it at the airport (gatwick) or wait until we land and change it at the airport in Morocco? Also is the weather nice/ will we be able ro sunbathe/swim or is it too cold still, are there any nightclubs or bars we should know about, its a last minute shoet break just to get away but we want to have a bit of fun also...anyone able to recommend anything to help our break be as enjoyable as possible....also how much should we expect to pay if we eat out in a restaurant??

Thanks

Hi tracig and welcome to Expat.com!

There are some articles in our participative guide which may help.
Here is the link > https://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/morocco/.;)

I also invite you to browse through the forum, it may help.

Harmonie.

Hello, welcome to Marrakech. As for changing money, just a few 100 pounds upon arrival at the airport and when outside, go to any change place. No matter how you look at it, you will NOT get a BEST change rate because all companies offer either a "no commission" fee, which is rubbish because they give you less on the exchange, or some charge a fee but give you a little more. The variance is not big to go to one over the other. The best exchange is in the Black Market but I am still searching.
As for clubs, I have heard from locals of the following places:

Pasha- a bit away from Marrakech and the biggest nightclub and expensive.
Comptoir- A classy lounge/bar/restaurant with sexy belly dancers and pricey menu. Expect around 25-30pounds per person.
VIP Lounge- A nightclub; very popular.
Paradise- Another popular club.

As for summer wear, forget it. It is COLD here. Bring thick clothing!!! Even though there is the sunshine in the day, it is still very cold.

I hope the info helps.
Robert
Oh, the two main areas to hang out and walk around are: Gueliz and Jmaa al Fna. Just ask people.

Hey Robert , how is ur fast-food restaurant doing ?

Was  your business worth it ?

hi Girondin, it's very tough here. Finding a commercial space is the biggest challenge because owners don't really want to rent but rather, sell their space or business PLUS charge rent. It's terrible. I am still staying in Morocco though. NO MORE the states.

hey !! either u change it there or in airport in morocco it's the same !! marrekech if full of nightsclub !! the weather i think is goood :) about how u 'll much u'll pay in resturant it depends u'll find a list about the price of foood in fornt of resturant !! take care and enjoy