Hi everybody - any planned activity? I'm just arrived in town

Hello everybody,
I'm italian and I've just moved here - I'd like to do some activities to live the city and discover it..give me a shout!
Luca

Nha Trang Activities

One of the first things people do on arrival in Nha Trang is to head straight down to the beach. And what a beach! Facing east out over the South China Sea and palm lined, it's definitely a place to hang out. Because of this there are a lot of water-based activities such as diving and snorkeling as well as sailing when the weather permits. A fast-growing destination, you can be sure that Nha Trang will change from year to year.

Read more: Nha Trang Activities - What to Do in Nha Trang visit-mekong.com/vietnam/nha-trang/activities.htm#ixzz1lEDd0VXS
One of the first things people do on arrival in Nha Trang is to head straight down to the beach. And what a beach! Facing east out over the South China Sea and palm lined, it's definitely a place to hang out. Because of this there are a lot of water-based activities such as diving and snorkeling as well as sailing when the weather permits. A fast-growing destination, you can be sure that Nha Trang will change from year to year.

Read more: Nha Trang Activities - What to Do in Nha Trang visit-mekong.com/vietnam/nha-trang/activities.htm#ixzz1lEDd0VXS
http://static.asiawebdirect.com/m/bangkok/portals/visit-mekong-com/vietnam/homepage/nha-trang/activities/allParagraphs/0/image/600-nhatrang-activities.jpg

Hi !
I am new also as I arrived in Viet Nam yesterday ! I am staying for 6 months here to do an internship fo my studies.
I am interested in meeting with people for I know nobody right now and it is always more fun to share experiences !
I will have some time during the next 10 days, if anyone is interested, just email me so that we can arrange something... :)
Waiting for answers !
Claire

Hi Claire, where are you from? We can arrange something for this weekend or the next one..ideally we should join someone who has some knowledge about places and possible activities..

Hi, I am French ! I was thinking about just walking around, visiting the temple on Hoan Kiem Lake and going to the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology.
Let me know if you are interested or have any other ideas !
I send you my email address via private message.
Claire

who know Vietnam better than Vietnamese, i think you guys should make friend with vietnamese.

For sure that would be great ;) I'd like to plan something for the next weekend (this weekend i'm a bit busy in flat search..) would that be possible for you girls?

I think I'll probably be free next weekend, not sure though ! I will let you know :)

Hello guys !
I just discovered this website and see that both of you are just arriving in Hanoi like me ! Welcome then.
I am also French but my origins are Vietnamese, I can speak and understand this language (for normal conversations... ;) ) and I moved here for a one year job within an international NGO.
I would be glad to meet some new people too, I already hang out with people (staff and other volunteers) in some nice places/bars, restaurants and I freshly start to understand the map of this city. Feel free to contact me if you wanna hang out !

Hi Hoangvan, nice to know you then! Hope we can meet next weekend so..I'll probably have to move to new my place but for sure I can find some spare time as it would be nice to have a coffee or a drink all together. I still don't have a vietnamese mobile phone but I'll get one shortly. In the meantime you can give me yours and we can communicate during the week by email to arrange a meeting. My email is luca.mohammadi@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you all pretty soon!
Luca

Hello guys !
It's me again, I wanted to propose some event : (if you are on the couchsurfing website, you can see it directly on the 'Hanoi' group)

Address: Bia hơi Lan Chín - 1st Floor, 14 Tang Bat Ho, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi.
Date:      February 8th, 2012 - 8:00 pm
End:     February 9th, 2012 - 1:00 am

Confirmed Yet: Yes

Let's get together for the Wednesday CS meeting in Hanoi to toast to Jules Verne's Birthday at the Bia hơi Lan Chín - 1st Floor, 14 Tang Bat Ho, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi. Location: http://diadiem.chodientu.vn/hai-ba-trun … 5413.html. - The 'Father of Science Fiction' was born on this day in 1905. He wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before airplanes and submarines were invented, and well before space travel (Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea , A Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Around the World in Eighty Days). He also is the second most translated author in the world.

Bia hơi is Vietnam's Home Brew - It is brewed daily and each bar gets a fresh batch delivered every day in plastic jugs. It is a very light (~3% alcohol) refreshing lager and dirt cheap.

Tea and other non-alchoholic drinks are also available.

See you there.

Call Corianderapplesauce (Cory) 01636157833 Dzung (Jerry) 0996 660 393 if you need anything.

hello evryone.
- The first one: I am sorry because I am Vietnamese and I am living in Hanoi city but I did not give my hand to you. at the moment I am living in Tay Ho ( west lake ) hanoi. near my building theere is a departemnt for renting. It is good with near full goods inside. If anyone needs...send me email I will give you the telephone number of owner and you can check.
- The sencond: if you want to joint  disco, salsa, bachata on friday everning this week...let sms to me.....enjoy with my group. we have got about 18 peopels : some...come from France, Holand, Singapore and Vietnam....
Cheers!

musiclaire wrote:

Hello guys !
It's me again, I wanted to propose some event : (if you are on the couchsurfing website, you can see it directly on the 'Hanoi' group)

Address: Bia hơi Lan Chín - 1st Floor, 14 Tang Bat Ho, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi.
Date:      February 8th, 2012 - 8:00 pm
End:     February 9th, 2012 - 1:00 am

Confirmed Yet: Yes

Let's get together for the Wednesday CS meeting in Hanoi to toast to Jules Verne's Birthday at the Bia hơi Lan Chín - 1st Floor, 14 Tang Bat Ho, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi. Location: http://diadiem.chodientu.vn/hai-ba-trun … 5413.html. - The 'Father of Science Fiction' was born on this day in 1905. He wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before airplanes and submarines were invented, and well before space travel (Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea , A Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Around the World in Eighty Days). He also is the second most translated author in the world.

Bia hơi is Vietnam's Home Brew - It is brewed daily and each bar gets a fresh batch delivered every day in plastic jugs. It is a very light (~3% alcohol) refreshing lager and dirt cheap.

Tea and other non-alchoholic drinks are also available.

See you there.

Call Corianderapplesauce (Cory) 01636157833 Dzung (Jerry) 0996 660 393 if you need anything.

- good restaurant......

hi guys, I just discovered this website while searching for an appartment or house or any offer of accommodation for someone from germany therefore i'm also new to this site. I was also an expat for neary 8 years in germany and am excited to have expatriates here as i was before. I would be glad to join you guys in an offline meeting, so pls gimme a shout or drop me a line if anything's going, thanks

rojamin wrote:

hi guys, I just discovered this website while searching for an appartment or house or any offer of accommodation for someone from germany therefore i'm also new to this site. I was also an expat for neary 8 years in germany and am excited to have expatriates here as i was before. I would be glad to join you guys in an offline meeting, so pls gimme a shout or drop me a line if anything's going, thanks

Hi!
Go to Nha Tho str for drinking : Tra Chanh hehehe.the weather is so good today!
Have a good day!

tieukhuy2011@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi!
Go to Nha Tho str for drinking : Tra Chanh hehehe.the weather is so good today!
Have a good day!

thanks, very kind of you. But Tra Chanh is boring without companionship :)

Here are some useful tips if you'd like to get involved in Hanoi

1. Hanoi Grapevine-Music shows, art exhibits, and events calendar
hanoigrapevine.com

2. The New Hanoian-Classifieds, activities, clubs, restaurant reviews, etc.
http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/

3. Twitter-Follow and be followed by Hanoi expats and organizations. Check out my account:
http://twitter.com/#!/westlakereview

Best of luck!
Zac
The West Lake Review

Im keen on outing for a coffee in Hoan Kiem lake area in weekdays afternoon :D Maybe I could do a little help if you want to know this area.