Gay in Hanoi?

Bonjour à vous. Je viens d' arriver à Hanoi où j'ai été muté pour 2 ans.
Pourriez vous m'informer sur la manière dont les vietnamiens se situent face à l'homosexualité et sur les endroits gays où il y aurait aussi des européens?

Any information about being gay in Hanoi would be great. Just arrives in Hanoi ehere Um gong TO stay for 2 years.

Sven

Sorry for the English speakers my message has been somehow confusing
I forgot to change the language setting of my iPhone :-) I just wanted to say that I just arrived in Hanoi for work and that I will stay for 2 years. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sven

This is what I wrote some time ago and it is still relevant. Things don't change that much since :rolleyes:https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=102448

Vietnamese newspapers are more open about this non-topic recently and one reads quite often about the suffering/non-acceptance the homosexuals endure in their own family and community as well as the secret live they have to lead.

Hi Sven20112 !
I'm going to move to Viet Nam as well....so...what about gay life in this country ? I hope you're not going to give me bad news...

Felix

Hi all!
By chance, I've known and became new member of expat-blog. Especially, i'm a vietnamese gay. So, i'm the one as well as the other vietnamese gays who feel, experience and having a profound understanding of gay life in Vietnam. Yes, some of us have been hiding our real instinct from our family and public just because Vietnamese culture have not been opened as western yet. But I'm sure everything is gonna be alright. We're friendly, we know how to treat, how to love and how to live happily together. Hope we could be friend.
Welcome to Vietnam
Cheers