Expat blog Saturday night dinner + drinking afterward (August 11th)

Hello everyone,

So I am going to be in Vietnam again this summer. Unfortunately this time I won't get to stay in Hanoi for long (only 2 days o_O) since we have plan to go to Hoi An for the most part of my time there. I want to, however, have a fun get-together for the little time I have in the city.

As far as planned, I want to have dinner at that famous buffet restaurant called Quan Sen (West Lake site). For those of you who have never been there. It's an awesome spot: great atmosphere (I love the outdoor setting), a fairly large selection of both Viet & Western food, and occasional live music. When I was there last year, the seafood option (most adequate one) cost about $14 (which is not expensive at all for what it has to offer, imo). Afterward we can head back to the Old Quarters area for a few drinks or partying it up (depending on how much we ate prior to that I guess, haha).

We could meet up somewhere and go to the restaurant altogether, or meet there. People are also welcome to join at any portion of the night, so are suggestions.

Since we have such a limited time in Hanoi this year, I'd really like to make it a great experience with other cool expats. So anyone wanna join, please hit me up. I know this is a bit far from the planned date but I want to make sure to give everyone a heads-up in case planning is needed.
Hope to see lots of you!

I'm not sure I can go, but hopefully, I can. Anyway, you should google Newhanoian and post on the website also.

great offer! Can Vietnamese join in?

thanks for inviting me to the venue, unfortunately I'm currently living in HCMC. Hope that you guys enjoy yourselves and have great time there.

Hey, thanks for the invitation :D.
I'm looking forward seeing you guys. By the way could i ask about the time, i mean i don't wanna be late or something.
And if anything changes, please contact me.

I'm not sure whether I'm available on the day, but I hope I will. thanks for the invitation :)

That would be great, can i bring along some friends also? :)

Hiiiii Guys

I wish to join it hope to see u all on this weekend
have a great working day
regards
MG

I'm in...
Is it the Sen Tay Ho, next to Ha Noi Water Park? I was there yesterday..ha ha...well..not bad...where will we meet?
Hey Martingeorge, sorry for my late reply to your message...Let't have some beer on that meeting day then...(^_^)...

okokokkoko

no problem.hope to see some people stay alone in Hanoi is very boring.What to escape from lonely
regards
MG

I should be able to make it. Time?

i get an announcement that u sent me a private message, but when i check, my inbox empty. it's the 3rd time it happen, i think i'll tell the admin about that ;) & could u contact me at the YM : xuanlan_cpn ?
nice to see u :x

Hi Xuanlan

Indeed I did and sorry to hear about the technical glitch. As for your contact, do you mean '[email protected]'?

jlowch wrote:

Hi Xuanlan

Indeed I did and sorry to hear about the technical glitch. As for your contact, do you mean '[email protected]'?

exactly ^^

Phoebe,
Can you tell people the time to gather please
And message me your number, just in case

Cheers,
Thuy

great offer. I will check mu schedule and reply you. thanks

Yes, time please...and if possible, an address? ;)

as i read, tthey schedul it for 11th august, out of date now ...