English Club/Hanoi

I had to move back to Ho Chi Minh City everybody.  I'm sorry that I was unable to get a club going there/that I had to move Ho Chi Minh, but I did.

I really wish another foreign teacher that lives in Hanoi would take charge and get one going.

- Mark

Wonderful ! I want to join an English club to improve my English

I wanna join too. Feel free to contact me at 0934518897.

Love to be a member of the club :"X

An "English Club" is really nothing more than a few native speakers that are willing to volunteer some of their time and people who want an opportunity to practice.  You really don't have to join anything, just show up.

I see people on this board asking for an opportunity to practice, but don't see any native speakers stepping up, so here I am!  With that being said, any other native speakers that care to join us, please message me!

I don't have a place to meet chosen yet, but have a friend checking into possibilities.  Anyone know a good place to meet?

Maybe place is Thong Nhat park?

If you guys like lemon tea and chatting. Tea shops around the Big Church or Dao Duy Tu street is a good choice. How do you think?

Hi Mark, first of all thank you, I really appreciate your benevolent intention. If I'm not mistaken I have already heard of your free english class on sundays from somewhere, and it based somewhere in Thanh Xuan district. Well, fyi there's also a free vietnamese course organized by some locals and expats in Puku Cafe 16 Tong Duy Tan, now only available on wednesdays, so I think the staffs there should have experience in hosting such courses. Otherwise you could also meetup in any café which offers room and space.

ngocmai.793 wrote:

Maybe place is Thong Nhat park?

That's a possibility, but I worry about the heat.  Something like this should probably be held indoors.

KevinHoang wrote:

If you guys like lemon tea and chatting. Tea shops around the Big Church or Dao Duy Tu street is a good choice. How do you think?

I think that may be a good idea.

rojamin wrote:

Hi Mark, first of all thank you, I really appreciate your benevolent intention. If I'm not mistaken I have already heard of your free english class on sundays from somewhere, and it based somewhere in Thanh Xuan district. Well, fyi there's also a free vietnamese course organized by some locals and expats in Puku Cafe 16 Tong Duy Tan, now only available on wednesdays, so I think the staffs there should have experience in hosting such courses. Otherwise you could also meetup in any café which offers room and space.

That's the first time in history that my name and benevolence have been mentioned together.  Danke mine fruend!

I've never organized an E Club before, I've just thought about it.  I wanted to do an experiment and decided this week to see if I do good things, then good things will come back to me.  So far, so good...

Hi Teacher Mark. I've just registered and read about your idea of E club. I really care about it because I'm trying to improve my E. I would love to join with all of you.

Hi Mark and everyone,

I have organised an English Club with the name: Hanoi Cultural Meeting. Everyone met, hanged around, had an English Speaking Day. Sometimes: indoor activities with native Speakers (not now anymore)

It's rather long time, I delayed the club. It's interesting if i can share/join/merge with new friends here.

I'm thinking about organise one new tour on July: Red River Boat Tour. But not sure yet. If you have some other events I would like to join.

And I would like to help you about organizing if I can. I always want to set up an intersting English Club where people can make new friends, have opportunity speaking/listening and not only English but also different cultures/hobbies... but only me can't do this so... sometime my club is delayed like now.

Hello mark, I would like to participate too. It's great if I can improve my english and speak with people.So what time on Sunday do you want to start? And where ? Please let me know!!! Thanks!!!

hello,
Im Interested . Say for me the place you organised  club. I 'd like join.
thanks
My phone: 0973831872

I'm trying to plan a meeting for this Sunday.  I'll post the information, like where and what time, here on Saturday, or send everyone a text message. 

- Mark

What a shame , I really like to join but I'll be busy this weekend. Maybe I'll join with you guys next time .

Hi Mark, Can i join in? :)
My YM: streetfighter_848
or my cell phone: O 93 two 3four 1six 55:D

Hey TeacherMark. Sounds like an outstanding idea, would love to participate, my only concern is "location". I'm all the way down south in Ho Chi Minh, and your post is for Hanoi, unless you plan on visiting Ho Chi Minh anytime soon. I have a home here in Go Vap and Hoc Mon so having a place to meet up won't be to much of a problem. So let me know what the game plan is. Better yet, call me at 01283560902.

I wanna join too, what a great idea!

Hello Mark

Thank you for the great idea of putting an English Club together.

Are you about to stay in Hanoi for a while or you are just travelling here my friend?

I returned to Vietnam last year after a quite long time living & working in the UK. I started an English club a short while ago & in the meantime running it at the position of English speaking person/teacher. I am interested in having enthusiastic English native speaker joining in my club to make it work more effectively for Vietnamese participants who are learning/improving their English. My club is on weekends so – for your first meeting (this Sunday) that I wanted to join - I will be unavailable during daytime. That would be good if you could arrange for the meeting on the evening of this Sunday so I can come to talk to you in person. We can discuss the plan & contribute more great ideas to organising/extending the club :) If impossible, please let me know your phone number then I can phone to discuss more details with you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

nnguyen

Hi Teach Mark and every one.
I want to join an English club to improve my English.
Please contact 0989.568.511

Hi everyone
:x It's great ideal. Thank you :X
I want to join too.

I apologize to you all for not having a get together last weekend.  I don't know that I'm going to be able to do anything because it appears that I'm moving...again.  Sorry.

to where then? I'm having my first experience in Saigon and really happy with my relatives and new friends so far :)

Teacher Mark, you can't organize English Club because of your moving.It's ok, It isn't your fault. I suggest that we can always meet together this Sunday. Are you with me? Can you meet in the morning ? Can you suggest the place!!!!

Why don't you guys set up a chat room & meet online?
One will be the host and connect others, offline meetings can be arranged after sometime. Otherwise it will take a long time for a date to be fixed.

you seem to know it best, you're welcomed to perform your own idea :D

what a pity..
maybe we can arrange another meeting?
whenever u guys decide the place and time, pls contact me: :D

I'm in Ho Chi Minh. if any group like this here. Would like to find a suitable job, too. Any chance ? :)

brnvc wrote:

I'm in Ho Chi Minh. if any group like this here. Would like to find a suitable job, too. Any chance ? :)

There's a very good chance, since I've moved back to HCMC.  I may be putting something together here, once I've found a job!

Once again, I apologize to those of you who expressed interest in the Hanoi meeting.  Hopefully someone else can organize a club for you.

hey Mark. I have also moved to HCMC since the last time we texted, please express your desired job and your qualifications, perhaps I can introduce you to some people :)

Teacher Mark wrote:
brnvc wrote:

There's a very good chance, since I've moved back to HCMC.  I may be putting something together here, once I've found a job!

Once again, I apologize to those of you who expressed interest in the Hanoi meeting.  Hopefully someone else can organize a club for you.

Hi Mark,

I've been busy at working and finding a new job these days. Happy to hear a good news from you. A English club is a great idea for me and many other Vietnamese.
One of my friends introduced Expat to me. She and her bf are looking for a job now. If I can ask them to join with us ? - Thank you.

Teacher Mark wrote:

Where:  Hanoi

When:  Sundays

Cost:  Free

That's all I have at this point.  If anyone wants to help me put a club together feel free to send me a message.

- Mark

Hi guys,
I really like to join.
I think maybe place is Tuoi Tre park,near Bach Mai Street or my school: Hanoi University of Business and Technology (HUBT)
so it will be held indoors and 'free'
Please don't hesitate to contact me via mail: [email protected] or 0904679250

I had to move back to Ho Chi Minh City everybody.  I'm sorry that I was unable to get a club going there/that I had to move Ho Chi Minh, but I did.

I really wish another foreign teacher that lives in Hanoi would take charge and get one going.

- Mark

No matter where you call home, check on line for local toastmasters.org and meetup.com groups. If they are not in your areas, gather some fiends together and start your own Meetup group. The club will get noticed and attract native English speakers who want to help and meet locals. In general, Toastmaster Clubs are best for those wanting to refine their English-speaking skills and become better at public speaking and leader- ship.