“Boa After Work Revivals Party”

Date: Thursday 9th Febuary 2012

6pm Start - no queuing before 8pm (password needed!), free entry before 9pm.

"BOA"
Tübinger Straße 12
70178 Stuttgart

Transport:
- Public Transport: S-Bahn/Straßenbahn:
Get off at the stop “Stadtmitte” then walk 4 minutes to the Boa in the Tübinger Straße (just across from the “Jeans-Halle” shop)
- With your own wheels:
Drive to Stuttgart-Mitte Park your car and jump out, then walk to the Boa in the Tübinger Straße

Hi Everyone,

Due to growing demand and the pressure being felt here at Expat.com I feel compelled to announce a “Boa After Work Revivals Party”, Hurrah!

We have been holding out for so long, but can no longer, with a reality check coming back to haunt us. The towering floodgates have been opened (“feeling that massive rush already?”) it will be every women, man and child for themselves on the way to the dance floor! So don`t be late, 18 Uhr is the best time to get in to get tucked into that wonderful free buffet. Why not let your taste buds take care of your needs for a change.

“Special recommendation for Newcomers”: Get there early, if you can, to meet and mingle with the group and get to know everyone better.

Remember NOT to wait in the long queue as those of you coming in before the 8 pm deadline can get in with the drop of a hat by whispering the right word in the doorman's ear. Contact me and I will put you on the guest list and let you know.

Wow Lanchester !...you def seem to be on a roll ;)...Great to see you leading the pack :)...I'm in.

Yeah, great idea! I love Boa, especially on Thursday. I'll let you know if i bring more people with me :):)

Yes, I'm also in! :) Thank you!!

Lanchester thank you! Will be there! Last time we did enjoy a great free buffet and lots of dancing afterward!

ValentinaIsabel, Astutė, Claudiabern33 and Sri_hari thank you for sharing your commitment to the incredible event next Thursday.

Sure ValentinaIsabel, you can bring more people. :-) Just let me know and I will add them to the guest list.

Claudiabern33 is right about the buffet – get in early for maximum enjoyment!

Now moving on to a very sad note indeed:
Look Everyone; I know that most of you out there are asking “Where is Hula Girl?”
I have been inundated with fan mail. I am sorry to tell you this, but she may never be back. Yes I know it`s sad, but there is nothing we can do about it I am afraid...

She was expecting at least 200 guests to turn up at the small Indian restaurant last Friday. After all the work we put into promoting and organising the event. I know she expects a lot and I did try to warn her, but could not bring myself to tell her there may just be about 20 people coming. I found myself lost for words and unable to express the real facts. The shock that followed was immense...

I take all the blame and I know it`s a tough call. LetŽs just wait and see. Perhaps she does just happen to call in on the Blog again in the not too distant future. Peaceful and watchful waiting is asked for in this difficult time, so fans please respect a person in grief.

So sad to hear the news about Hula Girl and My regards to her...she will be missed :sosad:... We want Hula_girl back

Hi, Sri_hari,

Thank you for those well needed kind words!

Look; news is out she has been airlifted by helicopter to Stuttgart Klinikum and is undergoing tests. You know I have my contacts in this area; the doctor told me on a scale of 1 to 10 she scored 12,5 on the shock-scale! He said, it`s the worst case he has seen in his entire career, he was trying to hold back the tears and obviously upset. However he said, with a bit of luck, she might pull through by next week Thursday. So, Sri_hari, it`s fingers crossed from here on – it`s anyone's guess? Will she ever be back? I can`t answer that one?

Please note: For those of you new to the Blog. Hula Girl and I often team up to organize Expat.com events together. Please note that she is actually fine. So please don`t turn up at the hospital asking for Hula Girl.

Count me in!!!!!!!:) I can't wait!! I love BOA, had fun last time. This time I'll make sure I get there  early ,because last time i got there after 6pm and had to wait 1 hour to get in . So everyone make sure you get with Lanchester and have him put you on the guest list.

Later

Doc

Hmmmm!!!

Will update you on my attendance, actually for us Software guys, Friday = deadlines,  so like last Boa meet I will have to get back when party starts gaining momentum [ by 11pm ] :-(, So let me check work load then will update you accordingly .. Hope to see you on 9th.

Hello Everyone
It is a great idea, I will be with you, but maybe I will be a little late, In this case, How can I find you inside the club ??  Thank you :)

Simo

Hey Doc, Very smooth! Good to see you like the Boa grooves and good to have you back once more!

That's an excellent point you`re making, Doc. So everyone, if you haven`t already, let me know if you're coming to pick up the magic word. On the night whisper it in the doorman's ear. He will then pick you up and carry you inside with the respect and VIP service you deserve, while onlookers shaking in the cold long queue look on in envy, wide mouthed and a little surprised. 
Please note: You do NOT need to give him your name, just the magic password until 8 pm sharp and remember to join the short VIP queue on the other side of the long cold one!

Hi Prakash.saurav2805, Great to hear you are coming! "The party will start gaining momentum as of 11pm?" I like your humour ;-) We will start gaining momentum the minute we get in there, I imagine. It`s an “after work party” and if you make it through till 11pm you might win a gold medal ;-)

Hi Simo, You are joining us for the first time? Wonderful! Bonjour and Welcome aboard the “choo-choo train” ☺

Party update: Ok everybody, good news and cheers all round! There will be a table reserved for us partygoers. So Simo, I think this answers your question; you will find us at a table and there are not that many of them. In next to no time you will be in conversation with the Expat.com group holding a plate loaded with gourmet food (only before 8 pm) in one hand and a drink in the other ☺

yeah our last party there was fantastic i have to say!!!

have work obligations abroad next week but take me on the list just in case my return trip fits and i ain't wanna go home;-)

@Lanchester : you def have got us concerned about Hula girl :sick .
     hows she doing now? any update on her, hope the doctors have
     have the situation under control !! worried about Hula girl .

Oh Hi Siri_hari,
I am sure everyone appreciates you asking how Hula Girl is doing! The last I heard is that she is still in a critical but stable condition of terrible shock on the intensive unit - drifting in and out of consciousness. This has all been kept very secret up until now. As you know Hula Girl has a massive following, not just in the Expat community, but in Stuttgart as a whole. Rumour has it that the story has slipped out to the press and might make the front-page news of the "Stuttgarter Zeitung". Isn`t it amazing how talk spreads like wildfire?

One of my sources told me the town mayor has word of this. That he is very disturbed and may be giving a speech to the Expat community and all her German fans on a big tree just outside the main train station in Stuttgart. Now that might pull a large crowd. It`s not looking good with next Thursday at the moment, Siri_hari. I`m sorry to have to tell you this, very sorry indeed…

(Warning Newcomers; this is a promotion story. Do not feel obliged to turn up at the main train station in support of Hula Girl)

did you say , outside mainstation . Thats where the Stuttgart - 21 Supporters are.
Hula_girls supporters vs others (others no match ;) )
I guess its worth clashing with those folks for a word on Hula_girl state, after all shes our popular expat. We like to have her back wat say :)

We want hula_girl back !!

Look Siri_hari,
My sources tell me there are no Stuttgart 21 demonstrators out there at the moment and if there were they seem very friendly. They are Hula Girl fans - just look how many of them are out there! I just happened to walk past the “Hbf” today looking for the town mayor. A few teary fans recognized me from the Blog and said to say Hi to you, Siri_hari.

That's all the information I have at the moment.

Good news Calator! Glad to hear you might shoot back from overseas in time to hit the Boa. I will be the first one to hand you a plate of free food and buy you a beer, so please do. You are on the guest list ☺

@Lanchester : Got any news on Hula_girl...would like to listen about her...you can understand, we are concerned for her

Live Hula Girl update:

Hello Siri_hari,
Look, I have just been in contact with doctors from the hospital. They say there may be subtle signs she is beginning to recover, but not to expect too much too soon. So there may be good news glowing on the horizon after all. However they told me, “no blogging”, they are not going to let her put her fingers on the buttons right now. They are worried this could upset the balance, you know, tip the scales. But would she even blog if she could? I can`t answer that, Siri_hari. This still looks like a very close call, could go either way at the moment. I am afraid the fans have reason to be worried.

G'day mate.  Count me in! :)

Thanks for organizing, see you there!;)

please put me on the list - thank you!

- Hey Edi and Alexia-F,
Welcome aboard the „choo-choo train“!
Good to have you both join us for the first time in the Boa on Thursday ☺

Aled163 good to have you back!

- Anyone looking for something to do tonight? (Freiday 03.02.12)
Look no further, you can join us at the "Village" at Schloßplatz.
For more chilling details please go to the bottom of „Expat.com Stuttgart goes climbing“. Don`t forget to put on your woollies ;-)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=134507

Hi,

I sprained my ankle yesterday evening.. still shocked, do not know how this could happen to me but it did! Cannot go out this week end hope to feel better Thursday!!:(

@Lanchester : Still no word from Hula_girl..hope you got some..
              its only 3 days away

Live Hula Girl update:

Hey Siri_hari,
Hope you had a great weekend. There is talk in town that you had a very enjoyable one, I hope this is true.

Look Siri_hari, I was wondering if you might ask me about Hula Girl again. I just talked with the doctors looking after her at the Intensive care unit in “Stuttgart Klinikum”. She`s actually come to her senses they tell me. They were overjoyed with her progress and I had the slight impression they were actually throwing a huge party on intensive. Now the rumour is the first thing she asked when she opened her eyes was something about the “Boa After Work Revivals Party”. I think it is a very good sign indeed and I am sure you will agree with me on this matter, Siri_hari. Will she be coming along on Thursday? There seems to be no word of this so far?

@Lanchester : Yeah def had a good weekend...

must admit always had Hula_girl at the back of my mind..good to hear about her state....Wont it be wonderful if she could make it to the BOA...Hope shes listening ;)

Well Siri_hari, I`m sorry to say this, but this whole episode has badly effected her hearing, the doctors tell me. So we cannot be sure if she is listening in at all. ;-)

P.S.
Sorry to hear you sprained your ankle, Edi1. Get well soon and hope to see you on Thursday.

Hi Lanchester,
Any news on Hula Girl and how are the party preparations going?
we cant go in 2 thursday with our popular expat missing on the list..can we ?..we don wanna leave it too late..

Hula_girl we are rooting for you :))...remember

Hi Siri_hari,
Amazing news about Hula Girl, she has made a full recovery! The rumour is out that the leading doctor at her intensive unit might be in for a knighting as word has spread oversees to her majesty, Queen Elisabeth II. Our thanks go out to everyone for their best wishes and of course to Sir Doc and his fine team. Perhaps we will hear something from Hula Girl on the blog? This is all very exciting! Hula Girl, if you are out there could you please give us a sign of life!

Moving on to the Boa party preparations. Yes, I have been in constant contact with management at the Boa (perhaps 6 to 10 times a day). The event will be huge, is what I have been hearing. There is talk of morning shuttle buses with free coffee and croissants taking guests from the Boa directly to work. It`s almost too good to be true!

Great to hear about Hula_girl & also about the party.
That sounds exciting !..good signs..all we need is a sign
from Hula_girl..I am looking forward..

That morning coffee & croissant are def a motivation ;)...Party till the last drop :)

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry but I won't make it. I have a cold and should stay at home but I have to work ;-(
Hope to get another chance to join you soon.
Have fun and dance a lot!

Cheers

Valentina :(...Take care...Stay warm & get well..Hope to catch you soon :)

Still no sign from Hula_girl :( ..Lanchester whats the latest..
any clue ?

Hi Valentina,
Thanks for letting us know. Take care and get well soon!☺

Hi Siri_hari,
Very sad news indeed! I have heard from the real Hula Girl that she will be not make it on Thursday due to other commitments. However we do as always look forward to seeing her soon again at the next event.

Guys!!!

I can't believe I have missed all of this. I am so very glad Lanchester's been giving regular updates. I am well on the road to recovery but sadly will be giving this event a miss!

I apologise for being away for so long but I hope I shall be able to get together with Lanchester & organise another little event soon. I should just give up my day job & become a full-time Expat.comger. That could be tremendous fun.

So, I wish you all a brilliant time at Boa! Lanchester's very adept at organising fun events. I'm glad to see such a strong group now & may it continue to grow.

I hope to attend next time ... :-))))))

Wooohooo....Finally from the damsel herself :)...
great to hear from you..

Looking forward to another event from you :)
Viel spass und machs Gut

- Hari

Hi everybody,

I am sorry but I won't make it either tomorrow, still have tiny little problems with my ankle, it is not bad, but I prefer to stay in for one more night. Just to be sure it recovers well soon :)
Looking forward to the next events, have fun. Boa rocks totally!

Hi Everyone,
Looking forward to the big event and seeing you at the Boa tonight! ☺
Those of you there at 6pm sharp, we can meet in front of the “VIP queue” and all go in together.

Those coming before 8pm remember to go straight to the VIP queue and light up the doorman's face with that magic word.

Hi Siri_hari,
How are you and did you get a wink of sleep in at all last night? With the big occasion up ahead I suspect not! Are you feeling the incredible pressure build-up as much as many of us?    -      News has just come in from Boa management; they say the club is like a massive pressure cooker sitting on a red-hot stove and could possibly explode into good vibes at 6pm sharp. Now if this is true it sends out a tremendous message to the world!

Morning Felix,

The day has arrived!  Expectation & build up for today has
been incredible. Looking forward to an evening full of Fun.

will be great to see some surprising entrants too. So everyone make sure you are at the happening place tonite :).. all newcomers welcome

BOA here we come.. :cheers: