From San Diego to Stuttgart - trying to meet new friends

Hi everyone!!

I have been living in Stuttgart for about a month now and to be honest, I thought it would be a lot easier to meet people.  I joined this forum to hopefully meet some new and interesting people while I am here. 

I will be living here for 1 year, so I have some serious time to make some new friends.  I am not quite sure how to go about this but I will start with telling you a little about myself, and if I seem like someone you would like to meet please reach out!!

I went to the University of Washington in Seattle, USA and graduated with a degree in Political Science.  I was in a sorority called Alpha Chi Omega and still try to be as active as possible - but one step at a time... first I need to start meeting some people here in Stuttgart.

I was born and raised in San Diego, California - love Vegas, Happy Hour, Mexican food and Cherry Garcia icecream.  I have a dog who I brought with me here to Stuttgart. I am extreemly social which is why I want to pound my head against a wall since I have literally 0 people to hang out with.  (ok - I may be sounding a little on the pathetic side now... ha)  I do live with my boyfriend here, thankfully I am not completely alone!!  We usually go to Biddy Earlys on Monday to do some fun trivia but I am up for anything. 

I like to travel on my weekends and see the world a bit, but would love to find some cool places here in Stuttgart to socialize at. 

I would love to hear from some people, grab coffee or more preferably a beer :).

Hi im autumn. I have been in Germnay for 2 years off and on. Iwas born and raised in Riverside. Boy I can tell you anything you want to know and we have alot of english groups that get together. quite a few this weekend starting tonight all the way to monday. said me a message back and i can give you some info and my number if you like. Welcome here. I love it.

Autumn Rose

Hi Belly Boo, welcome to Expat.com Stuttgart! Our members regularly organise some local meetings or small events via the forum, perhaps you can meet them that way. Regards

Hey AutumnRose - My internet went down this weekend, so I am a little bummed we couldn't meet up. 

Thank you for the greeting Calator!!   

On Monday's I like to go to Biddy Early's in Stadmitte area, just a little past the Schlossplatz.  (Sorry, still learning how to spell).   They have English Trivia on Monday's - I would love it if anyone would want to join.   It starts at 8:30 - I try to get there a little early so I can get a table (it does get a little busy). 

I am trying to post a picture of myself in case I meet anyone on here, but for some reason it won't accept my picture.  So I will try more.  If interested - message me and I will give you my phone number to call - maybe easier than checking into here every hour or so.   :)

Hey,

I moved here a few months ago and am still having this problem. Finally, I took initiative and began organizing a girls weekly coffee. You are welcome to join if interested... there are girls from all over the world. First meeting is in 2 weeks!

Hey! It's just my 2nd week here, and I'm here for a year as well;) So maybe we could look for new german friends together))))
if you have skype add me ;)
gulya.makarkina

Hey!!! Awesome to see some responses!  The fair is going on now - we should go!  I do have Skype though I rarely use it... I'm usually on Facebook or Gmail Video.

D-biss,

When is the girls coffee???  I would love to go!

Belly-Boo wrote:

D-biss,

When is the girls coffee???  I would love to go!

yeah!!! I'd like to go tooo))))

and Belly Boo, can you then give me your FB link?))

facebook.com/profile.php?id=10702050 

That should work for my facebook link.  My email is [email protected]  - you should be able to search for me with the email also.

Hey we already started the meetings... Actually we all met up last night for drinks. I think the next meeting will be in two weeks (May 20th) at the rat rat near Schwabstraße. You all should make accounts via couchsurfers. It's a great tool to meet "normal" people lol. I will add you on fbook and you can join the group we made if you'd like..
See you girls!

Also about frühlings fest.. I'm going on Friday with a few people let me know if you'd like to come! ..I haven't gone yet!

dbiss76 wrote:

Also about frühlings fest.. I'm going on Friday with a few people let me know if you'd like to come! ..I haven't gone yet!

facebook.com/laaaleeeluuu add me too ;)

and hey, are you going to go there only on friday? what about sunday? It's gonna be great closing I heard)))

and yesss i have a huge wish to join your group and to find a lot of interesting "normal" people xDDD

Small world. A girl from San Diego that actually likes beer too!  I lived in San Diego as well and have a sister that still lives there. I was in Carlsbad and really miss the ocean as well.  I've just arrived in Stuttgart a few months back and would also love to meet people.  Shopping is never as fun alone.  If anyone would like to have a meet up for lunch, coffee, a beer, exploring.....anything, please let me know. :)

Hi Little Venice!

Carlsbad?!! I used to work there, and I live(d) in Del Mar!  :)  I would love to meet up with you if you are around.  My days are pretty open, always...  I think there is a soccer game tonight, you are welcome to join me if you'd like.  I think I want to go somewhere like 212 or L'Oasis or Muttermilk.  Let me know if you are up for it! 

And Dbiss - sorry I just got your message on here - its been a while since I checked this forum... try to FB me again if you'd like and we should all ("we" meaning anyone) watch the Germany v. Greece game on Friday! Let me know.   My email is [email protected]  - I usually check that more if you want to be in touch!

hello everybody.. i just moved in stuttgart and i#m looking for new friends. I'm in for anything :) walking, visiting, meetings, sport beers partys. i can speak english and now i am learning german. I hope that person who once said "life is to short to learn german" was wrong :D. hope that someone wants to show me arround. thnks. tschüss  :)