27 year old man recently moved to KL looking for expat friends in area

I have recently moved here on a permanent basis and am finding it really hard to meet other expats in my own age group. I am a really sociable, easy going person with a good sense of humour and an open mind so being alone like this for long periods without seeing any expats to have as friends is something I am def not used to. I am single and here by myself which makes it all the more harder. Please get in touch if you are interested in hanging out or meeting for a drink, till then.......Il be here. LOL

Hello

I am here ..;)

I also came alone and still looking for friends but I have good way to make friends with expats in KL

PM another way to contact if you like..Coz i don't use the blog a lot..

have a nice   day

Hi Chris, welcome to KL! I hope you're settling in well. It's rare to hear anyone finding it hard to make friends in Malaysia. How abt those in your work place / living quarters?

Hey welcome to Malaysia. Hope you had fun so far. Dont worry it takes time but Im sure in no time you will meet so many other expats and have a wonderful stay here in Malaysia :D

hey chris, dont feel alone i m ryt here to mingle & chat around lets Cheers

Hey Chris,

I hear ya. Despite what people think, it is difficult for expats to assimilate to an extent, especially if you're not relocating with a family in tow and on your own.

Chin up!

Thank you for all the positive messages!!  :)   It does indeed give me hope. I have met a Scottish couple who are amazingly awesome people who I seem to get on with very well so that has def been a huge life saver for me but stil hoping to meet more as time spent alone is time spent at home...........not really me :( I work and live with mostly chinese malays and they have their own families to get home to etc, especially as they are all older which is also somewhat of an obstacle. Anyway, thx again for the msgs and advice and really hope this blog can continue to help me meet new ppl.    :)

Hi Chris, have you tried joining a group, I'm a Kiwi and joined MANZA which is Malaysian, Australian, NZ, maybe there's a group for South Africans or another type you'd be comfortable with. My husband does mountain biking weekly and there's an expat group that meet every week for touch rugby(some from America, england, australia and of course NZ). Try googling activities you enjoy doing and see what you get.  :)

I'll be heading out to KL for at least 1 year of work in July and will definitely be looking to met like minded mates.

Welcome to Malaysia! Hope you have a great time here and meet a lot of new people:)Malaysia had not only a lot of good food but also a lot of fun loving and good people:P tc!

Feel free to smile and have an eye contact in here Malaysia.

They will ask you where you form & they do not mean any harm.
You will get VIP treatment you can bet on that.

Keep practising how to smile(as you are doing it on your photo)and  they you have it,you would not able to live the country.

You will be deliriously happy/

Native Malaysian living in KL. Glad to offer help & guidance

i gues i wil be like you..  i be der dis comin sept.. trying my luck to find a job in a place i never been  & knows no one..  :)

hope to see u..   :)   and give me some advice bout KL..  :)

hey guys....pretty same with me...m staying close to bukit bintang area......cn pm me...we cn meet up this weekend........

cheers
Adi

im also new here in Malaysia. i live in KL. i just arrived 3 weeks ago.

Welcome to Malaysia, why not you looking native Malaysia to show you around Malaysia sightseeing to kill your Boring time :p
I'm welcome to make friend to everyone here ..have a nice day !

lets plan some meet up may be this evening itself.....anywhere in bukit bintang or Babah if u cn suggest some place

Hey Chris ( And everybody else =)

Hope your friends department has been growing. If there is any vacancy I'm keen to hang out every now and then.

I'm moving to KL on Tuesday. I'm 28 and keen on finding some friends close to my age as well.

Briefly about me:
I'm from Norway. I'm pretty outgoing and easy to be around.
I like sports, mostly I have played Football. But I like doing lots of sports and activities. Looking forward to meet lots of people in KL and do some travelling and see what KL has to offer

Probably spending most of the week working, but I like to blow of some steam in the weekends with some beers or other social events.

Cheers.

Gunnar

Chris ZA wrote:

I have recently moved here on a permanent basis and am finding it really hard to meet other expats in my own age group. I am a really sociable, easy going person with a good sense of humour and an open mind so being alone like this for long periods without seeing any expats to have as friends is something I am def not used to. I am single and here by myself which makes it all the more harder. Please get in touch if you are interested in hanging out or meeting for a drink, till then.......Il be here. LOL

Hello, im here... trust few months you are here and you are not alone now ~~ there is lots of expat in bukit bintang area, i believe you making lots of friends now..btw, im a local :):D

Hi to every one, me too i am expat,from Turkey;) 25 years old girlspeaking german, french, turkish and english...if some body wants to meet, i will be happy to make friends;)

Hi  everyone,
I guess an Expat-blog meet up would be a great way to make new friends.
To the new expats: Malaysian hospitality is great and in this multi-racial and multi-cultural country you wont feel lonesome.

How's your journey of finding new friends ? :3

hey Chris,

welcome to KL.. if you need hangout / drinking buddy message me. i am in KL at the moment for few months. others also welcome.. lets me & hangout xx

Hi Chris & others,

Welcome to Malaysia guys.I'm Yath. Malaysian Indian.I will be more than happy to make new friends and expand my friends circle.PM me if anyone of you would like to hangout.Cheers!