Moving to malaysia next month...

Hi all.iam a doctor and will be moving to malaysia.i need information regarding schooling for my 2.4yr boy.my hubbyz offic is in jalan ampang menara city.what are the good aareas to rent a two room one hall condo near jalan ampang..Any indians in that area?looking to make friends with fellow indians...
Thx all..

Hi Dr.

You can think ISKL school which is in Jalan kolam ayer, Jalan ampang. This is one of the best School in Malysia. My two children are from this school, standard is very high and very qualified teachers, if you really don't want to miss Indians ( hard not miss Indians in Malaysia) ISKL has many Indian students and their parents living.

For you it's better to find house around Jalan Ampang. Hope this is helpful for you.

Best

Razzaque.

Hello,thx for replying..when does this school start admitting kids as my kid is 2.4..when can he join...how about globalindianinternational school?waiting fr your reply thx...

Well at this young age it should not be an issue, I'm not sure of Indian school. Sorry I can't help on this. However, wish your safe arrival in KL. you will like KL it's like home from home more cleaner and organized. Best.

Thx for replying.....

a fellow mumbaikar :-) raz is right. tough to miss indians here. ampang is a good place to stay to meet other indians. avoid brickfields and global indian international school. i cant state my reasonsvhere. plenty of good playschools in ampang area, but the traffic there is insane, so beware. ur son is still young and u can think about schools by the time he turns 4. u will know the place by then. let me know if u need more help. fyi im from andheri west.

Wow...RN im in powai..cdnt get ur name ...oops i was juz abt to fill the enquiry form of the same..pls giv som more informatn..where do you stay in kl?looking forward to meet indians there ,happy to find a fellow mumbaikar..how did u find kl?cant avoid ampang as my hubbyz offic n menara..any suggestions abt renting a 2 room one hall there?

well, if ur hubbys office is there, then i guess u have to bear with the traffic. but ampang is quite big too. check out this site www.iproperty.com.my and u can put in your criteria. for every result or condo, there is a tab that shows using google map when the condo is located. if u know where ur hubbys office is on google map, u can check the distance between house and office. was quite useful for me :-)

Global Indian school is a typical very low class Malaysian private school.ISKL is a top ten school in Asia. One is a Ferrari the other a rusty old broken bicycle! Fees at ISKL though are astronomical and really for those with generous companies who pay the fees.

Thx..
carlyle1979 fr you usefull informatn which helped me a lot!very difficult to decide the school:rolleyes:

Dr,
Welcome to Malaysia.
I can't help much on kids schooling as i don't have kids but heard that its extremely difficult to get admission into the good international school. (Experience from colleagues).

I can help you little on accommodation.
There are plenty of choice for condos in Ampang area. It all depends what kind of condo u r looking for and what is your budget.
There are also many expat Indians are staying in Ampang as your hubbys thinking..close to office..
I am also staying in high end condo in Ampang park and office is 10 min walk..(i can see my office from balcony!!!). I can't express my happiness to miss the Mumbai's horrible traffic. (Used to travel Borivali W to Ansheri E..daily...)

As Ampang is also in center of KL, life is much better...

As carlyle1979 suggested, iproperty is good website to start with but be careful before you approach agent from there as there are many fake property pictures are posted to trap the tenants.
Safe to go with estate agent from your hubby's office.
If you want i can pass my compnay's agent contact who showed us lots of property (30-35 in 3 days!) matching our requirement and we were spoil with choice.

Good luck for your move...

(Moderated: please post in the Housing section)

hi Dr Ankita,

Welcome to malaysian..i'm a malaysian indian..im working in health industry too

ISKL is a good school...global indian international school is cheap but not up to the standard...your son still young ..maybe you will have difficulty to enroll him

well for renting a condo not a issue around ampang..there are plenty...i-property.com is good website to check according to your need but before paying the deposit better you have a look at the place..

you cant miss indians here...maybe we can meet for chit-chat..bring your lovely son and hubby together

Thx a lot all for providing such useful information...still worried about the schools..as my son is two years four months old...

Hi, there a international school sayfol in jalan ampang.
There many indian functions going on.
You may also join bharat club .
You will not miss home here in kuala lumpur
Regarding there many condos in jalan ampang depends on your budget
Malsing

Expats,

Very surprising, so much response to Dr. Ankita's query, when I posted the question on 18th March stating moving to Malaysia..nobody responded....May be the blog members think that I am not a girl/woman???!!!If so then I hate this blog????If not then I apologies and take back my word....can anybody respond without prejudice....

Thank you friends for your very helpful and timely responses.
I will be moving to KL in April.
And I hope to stay in touch with the wonderful members of this forum.

hey ss, can u repost ur question?

Dr Ankita you are always welcome to malaysia. we will wait for you next month

Cheez ssbbsh2010,

What can I say? It happens.

Oh by the way, is that the one you wrote that you are a pure vegetarian and that you need accommodation near Masjid India or Little India?

Well, you said you are moving to Malaysia for a short stay but how to know how short? Is it like 3 months short or 3 years short? What seems short to you may seem long to others, isn't it?

And then, the accommodation. What will be your criteria to choose a place to stay - is it the nearby amenities, public transport, vegetarian food outlet, 24 hours clinic, any specific budget, or what else? Or do you mind telling the rest why you would consider the two places above?

I think you did not get people respond to you because your question is too general.

agree with joyce, dont take it too personally mate :-) chill out.

u can try brickfields or kl sentral as options. few condos available in the area. plenty of restaurants with veg food available. and this is the heart of little india. try sites like iproperty.com.my to look at various accomodation options.

as joyce, give more details rather than being vague.

@ankita :-  hi, there are two schools which i suggest for you,garden international school and mont Kiara  international school.both are very good schools..but I think it's far from ampang.

Fellow bloggers,

Thank you very much for the response espetially for joyce.ipoh
carlyle1979,

I got the detailed information and feedback from other expat site

Thank you very much

@karan > you should please post this ad in the housing in Kuala Lumpur section. Thank you.

ghar mil gya

@ ijanahmad - In English please  ;)