Setting up utilities

Another question, when buying a home in Marrakesh, how does one set up service with various utilities (electric, gas, internet service,TV, water, etc.)?  Are there different companies to choose from, or only one electrical service provider, for example?  What is the usual form of internet people use in or just outside the city--DSL, satellite, or dial-up?  How are services usually billed--monthly by mail, in advance, automatic charges to a credit card, or other methods/options?

What are the options for trash disposal?  Is this a city service with trash picked up at the curb, or do people take their trash to a disposal center? 

How does one register for mail and package delivery?

Do people need to have property insurance on their homes as they do in the US?

Sorry for all the questions! I am trying to be prepared in advance.  All help is appreciated--thank you.

Jen

hey again !! there one company of water called '' National Office of Drinking Water'' u pay 3 month to 3 months  and there is one company of elictricity u pay monthly !!! about internet !!! there three companies ; Maroc teleccome , Meditel and Inwi  for me i used to use first one ADSL there is also an option of wifi and 3G modem this latter is a usb modem u can carry it with u everywhere  !!! about gazz there is no bills but u can buy Gas bottle from any supermarket !! about how two pay the two bills of water and elictric there are too many branches of this company in the city u'll find it
about trash there are places to put it and Municipal workers Move it to other plac everyday !!