Before I Migrate

Hi,

I am an Indian software Engineer planning to migrate to Norway (Oslo) in near future.

It is going to be the most important turning point of my life so I want to get some idea about listed points. I would appreciate if somebody can help me with these questions:

1) How are Oslo people? Helping/Rude/Arrogant/Friendly or What? ( I have been living in Zurich for almost three years so if somebody can compare between Swiss people and Norway People)

2) What Salary in IT consultant should expect (approximate figure in local currency)

3) What are taxes (%) in General?

4) What is cost of renting an apartment of two rooms?

5) What is cost of living? Say cost of a) 1 litre of milk, b) 1 Kg of Rice c) 1 litre of petrol d) 1 Kg of potatoes e) 1 litre of Coca Cola

6) What is general expenses in day to day travelling

Any other suggestions and/or help would be great.

Hello Zax amd welcome to Expat.com!

Have you taken a look at the different discussions of the forum? It may help.

There are also articles that may help you in our participative guide.
Here is the link > https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/norway/.

Good luck,
Harmonie.:)

Thanks Harmonie.
Yes, I have been through the artcles/blogs but still looking for more infromation.

Hi Zax,

What do you specialize in IT? Well if you compare that way Norwegians are more softer and nice people, I am not sure about swiss though.

1. Taxes are high here probably range between 35-45%
2. Salary for an IT Consultant can range between 400000 - 600000   
   NOK depends on experience.
3. Travel will cost around 600 - 700 NOK the monthly bus pass.
4. Milk cost around 13 NOK for 1 liter, 3.5% fat.
5. Appartments are expensive here aswell and difficult to get unfortunately, costs around 6000 - 12000 depending on place, area etc.

Regards
Vivek