The Verdela Int school is full for the next semester....

do you have some other int. schools to recomand? My son is 4 years old.

We really liked the Verdela (visited the school today), so now weŽre a bit confused where to send our son...:-/

Please, I need some advice.

PS. He doesnŽt speak any english yet...

Hello,

I have a 17 months son, so I've just been recommended on kindergardens or primary schools, but as in Malta the official age to start at school is 5 years, I think you could find a "junior school" just for some period, till your son can go to the international school.

I have two recommendations:

- Fleurette - School of Montessori
'Fleurette' Sliema Road
Kappare, San Gwann
Tel: (356) 21386295
E-Mail: [email protected]

- Chiswick House School

38, Antonio Schembri Street Kappara,
San Gwann (SGN4233)
Malta

Tel: +356 21374396/7

Both centers use english to communicate with kids, I'm sure your son will get used to english quicker than you expect, and it will be useful for him learn english while he isn't involved in more difficult studies..

Hope you find a good school for your son !

Regards,

Gemma

Hi
It depends on when your son will turn 5.
If he is 5 this year then he will start grade 1 of school however if he is not 5 until next year 2011 then he will start kinder 2 this autumn.
All private schools in Malta generally speak in English. There is another international school in malta In Ta Qali it's not very big and i don't know much about it.
School starts at the end of september and kinder classes often start at the beginning of October. They then finish at the end of june.
I own and run Beehive Montessori nursery which is close to the verdala school and we cater for children up to the age of 5. Obviously I often have younger siblings from the verdala and so am used to children who do not speak English, most will pick it up quite quickly but the more you can help him at home before the move the easier the transition for him.
Need any other info just let me know.

We are from California and want to move to Malta. We need advice on how to obtain and import license to start a business and places to rent in good neighborhoods with good schools. We have a 7 year old daughter and 2 year son, both speak English. Thanks, Vicki

Hi Vicky,

Could you please start a new discussion for your questions.That makes it easier for folks to find and answer.

And can you please give a few more details about the kind of business you want to start..You already gave some personal info in your previous question.

To start a business in business and getting a work permit through your own business you will need professional advice in setting up a company and investing money in Malta.

Regards

Ricky