Any Lady Bookworms in Kuwait? Book Club for Women?

Hello all,

I have been looking for book clubs in Kuwait and came to the conclusion that it may be best to ask if anyone wanted to start a book club with me. We'd pick a book and in a month's time, we'd have it read so that we could meet up at a restaurant or a coffee shop to discuss it and socialize.

Any ladies interested?

Comment on this forum or private message me if you are interested and we can get this going!! :D

Something to look forward to in Kuwait!

Viva

be ware of private messages sent by some desperate people.

but it would be good to start a group

I would be interested...

Would be a good way of meeting new people.

meeting new women you can say,men are too desperate here.

If you want a book worm friend you need to meet my wife Collette.

She reads a book every two days....oh she loves romance novels!

You can email her on [email protected]

She is the VP for the British Ladies Society.  Their library is the best in Kuwait.

friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im also interested in books, but as this is for ladies, i suggest mens ,please shall we start somehting that can help us or motivate us to do something for the group.

Sounds Great!! count me in...Viva

great idea, I'd be very happy to join.
please correct me if I am wrong, but this place doesn't seem to be strong in bookshops...
so far haven't seen any, so any tips with a newbie-proof directions would be highly appreciated.
cheers,
ania

my mom was a literature professor so im sure she would be excited about this....have you decided on a first meeting yet?

Does having a Kindle work? I'm slowly reading through 50+ books, but always interested in new ones. Let me know, I'd be interested.

I would suggest a place called (Book Cafe)

A good place for ladies who love books to meet, its located in Omneya Complex(M2)in Salmiya

Check out their facebook page,

facebook.com/group.php?gid=31848999082&ref=mf

Thank you for your suggestions and interest!
Just a reminder that this is a ladies only initiative. Sorry guys.. :)

Heey, I was searching online for bookclub, and found this blog, well I really like the idea , cuz I used to study English Literature, i'd love to spend time reading, analyzing book theams and criticizing the ideologies , but I prefer to do it, on a fix place , aby office or house rather than a cafe , please contact me to start establishing the club

[email protected]

well i am glad you found a group just formed,hope you all enjoy each others company.

Yes! finally something other than shopping and eating! I use kindle on my tablet, they have a great selection of books. I totally recommend to all book lovers who need easy access to virtually any title desired.

Viva did u manage to set up any meeting yet?

there is a place in sherq

Ladies, i suggest "Better Books and Cafe Kuwait", it will serve several purposes:

1) they offer free tea and coffee, the life-blood of socializing in Kuwait

2) they have places where u can sit to read the books u want (free of charge)

3) their prices are great

4) They're in Salmiya, behind al-rashed hospital

5) if u speak with the proprietor, Maxine i believe, charming old bird, u can probably look into starting an actual club there, they host meetings for toast masters etc, and they have a schedule for events.

you can find them thru facebook here

+ its safe; Maxine makes sure no lurkers of ill intent stay on the premises :)

i would like to join in if that still happening

Love the idea as Im a BIG bookworm eventhough I never got time to read books here in Kuwait. But Im in! A great idea! ;)

the ladies more active in such these clubs

good idea
good luck

Hi there!

I would love to join a bookclub and ofcourse would be interested in making new friend.. Please keep me posted as when we are going to start.. thanks

Keep me posted, once I get to Kuwait (August 1) I would love to participate.

Sounds good!! I would love to join too!!!

Just finished the intriguing 50 Shades series.... I doubt a book like that would be in Kuwait..hehe

ksfm12 wrote:

Sounds good!! I would love to join too!!!

Just finished the intriguing 50 Shades series.... I doubt a book like that would be in Kuwait..hehe

I read the first one. Not sure how you managed to read the other two. That was some of the worst writing I have ever seen; I couldn't continue reading. But if you like that "heat" ;), check out Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty series. Same naughtiness with much better writing! I doubt you will find that in Kuwait either. Hehe

I would love to join a book club! Hopefully, I will be able to download from amazon to my iPad over there.

How about this to all the ppl who r interested we can exchange phones and create a whatssup group to comminicate, we decide on a book and agree to a spot to meet and discuss it, tell me if u like the idea or propose another

Lulwa wrote:

How about this to all the ppl who r interested we can exchange phones and create a whatssup group to comminicate, we decide on a book and agree to a spot to meet and discuss it, tell me if u like the idea or propose another

Would absolutely love to do this once I get to Kuwait and have a local phone!

This is a Great idea, will love to join when i am in Kuwait.
Please keep me updated.
Monica

Hi Viva.

I'm in! I've been looking for a book club since last year. Glad to know there are other bookworms around.

Also, I agree with Legacy. 'Better Books and Cafe' is a great place for a book club.

Cheers,
JD

Oops! Just realized the message was posted way back in 2011.

Anyway, if you guys are interested in forming a book club, do let me know. I've been meaning to start one.

Ciao!

lol JD u one cool cat ;)

i think this topic deserves a re-run, coz it was left unsettled. reading is a lost art.

plus yes, give maxine some company over @ better books Kuwait. also keep in mind it is becoming a hotspot for expat activity, so u can easily diversify ur interests from reading to salsa dancing. seriously.

Yeah we r still here. i am actually trying to contact u all with my cell so we can start

Hi Legacy!

I agree. We need to revive it. Maxine will be delighted to hear about our (prospective) book club. And yes, I've heard about the salsa classes. Tempted to give it a shot but the classes are held on a weekday. So bummer!

Let's get all the bookworms together. I'm so excited :D

Cheers,
JD

Hi
I am  very much interested in books, book readers and book lovers.
Anyone have courage to call me in this regard, it will  make me  very HAPPY.
Thanks as hoped
Jafar Samdani
Lawyer
shaoorfoundation{@}yahoo.com

Excellent idea.
Count me in.

welcome back Kuwaiti Girl, long time no see :)

@Lulwa: Hey there! Where do you guys meet?

Hi, so how is this book club thng going? Can I join? Please let me know :)

Hi there,

We are in the process of starting one. Do let me know if you're interested. We could use some more members :)

Cheers,
Jade

Im totally in, just let me know how it's going to work.

Thank u

Sure. I'll keep you posted.