Importing 4x4 to Mauritius (returning residents/diaspora)

Hello folks,

I am looking for a returning resident who have lived in the UK over a period of 10 years (or at least a year) who can help me with the import of my motor vehicle.  Due to recent changes in laws,  I have received an email from the MAURITIUS REVENUE AUTHORITY (MRA) yesterday (04.05.23) stating I can only import vehicle which is 18 months and 3 years at the time of shipping (NOT AS A RETURNING RESIDENT).

I do not have an plan to move to Mauritius at this stage but I am planning to offer my parents as a gift for their personal and business use.

I would really appreciate if someone can help rather just offering advice to buy one from there which is NOT feasible to do so for many reasons. Without due respect I have done all my research and I do not need any advice whether I should buy one there as you know most cars sold in Mauritius are ridiculously expensive and most likely write off due to accidents or had been driven like boy racers. 

Any kind help is really appreciated. 

Hello, when importing a vehicle as a returning resident, it is registered in your name and becomes your responsibility. While anyone can use it, transferring ownership may incur administrative costs. If you decide to leave it on your name, then you might need to consider Insurance considerations (as adding a second driver to the policy might be an option), especially if they will be the primary user, the financial responsibility for insurance payments. This becomes particularly important if you are out of the country, emphasizing the need for a responsible and insured driver during your absence. It is advisable to verify the specific regulations and requirements for ownership transfer, insurance, and additional drivers with relevant authorities or professionals to ensure compliance and coverage in case of different types of situation involving the vehicle.