Driving licence convertion: attestation letter from issuing country

Hello, I wonder what is the attestation letter from issuing country, requested to get a mauritian converted driving licence. I don't have such document, I only have my french driving licence. Is this attestation letter mandatory? If yes, how to get it ? Thanks

Bonjour, je souhaitais convertir mon permis de conduire français en permis mauricien, afin d'etre en règle sur la route, car je reste un long moment ici. Mais il est indiqué dans la liste de documents demandés qu'il faut une lettre  d'attestation provenant du pays emetteur. Je ne n'ai ce genre de lettre, j'ai uniquement mon permis. Cette attestation est elle vraiment obligatoire pour convertir le permis de conduire? Si oui comment on obtient cette attestation en France?

Merci !

Hello StéfS,

Welcome to expat.com!

Since the 2nd part of your message is in French, do not hesitate to post it on the french-speaking Forum Ile Maurice.

You will find more information that way1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@StéfS Hi, did you get an answer on this? I'm looking for the same info. Thanks!

@StéfS I do not know about France but from the UK you just download your driving entitlement

Hello you must have a letter from your embassy

@jinchuriki go to port louis at police headquarters they will do it for you

Hello everyone

Freeking2k,

Jinchuriki is an indian citizen, she needs a letter from Indian authorities.

@Jinchuriki , contact your embassy they'll guide you or someone can enquire at your local traffic branch in India.

Regards

Bhavna

@freeking2k Hi, they have only asked for this document :(

Anyone have an answer if you are from South Africa? Re driving license.

@yeti1952 Where can this be downloaded please?

Dovrebbe essere sufficiente richiedere la patente internazionale al tuo paese

@Pilu68 Hello,

You are on the english speaking forum .. please re write your message in english for the benefit of all members.

Thank you

Bhavna

Hi, I found the following information for South Africans on another thread in this forum..

Kindly note that we are experiencing high volumes of requests for Driving Licence Confirmation Letters.

All applications for confirmation of driving licences (for immigration) must be sent to DLconfirmations@rtmc.co.za for assistance. Please ensure that you complete the form on https://www.rtmc.co.za/images/rtmc/docs … ed2023.pdf and attach relevant documents as stated on the application form.

@yeti1952 where can you download that from. Thanks.

@qcarelsen try this.... https://www.rtmc.co.za/index.php/publications

Attestation has to be done in the country of origin of your Driving Licence i.e. UK for mine, It has to be verfied by an attorney or lawyer to be formerly apostles.  For your information the British Embassy told me that they are not allowed by law to apostile documents.