How to get a Postal Address/Box?

We will soon be in MU for a year. How to get a postal address? Do you rent a Post Office Box? Or do you use a residential reference? Or do you need to collect from a Post Office?

Is mail delivered to your house?

Any and all information will help.

Thanks

@peterg123 post is delivered to your residential address. A few tips:

1. Ask senders to address your mail Care Off Your Landlord's Name, In some areas there is no street number so the residence is identified by the landlord's name and street name.
  2. The sender must use the postal code.
  3. Label your post box with the landlord's name and your name. We had a change of postal delivery person and he struggled to find houses the previous person knew well.

Thank you very much. I have bever seen a comestic kind of postbox ( USA style?) in Mauritius, maybe I just never looked hard!?

I am in a gated compound..... anyone have any idea how it works there?

@peterg123

if its just for business purposes:

I have an address at Fasthub (soon Regus) and use this address for my business for 1590 MUR + VAT/month)

Thanks no just personal

@peterg123 I suggest you go to your nearest post office and talk to them. In our road everyone has a post box. They are all different but they have a name on them not a house number. When our postman was changed we greeted the new person and helped him know which “names” were where.