Relocating to Dundee

@Julien

Hi All,  my husband works for a US company with an office in Dundee. I'm looking at applying for a program at University of Dundee so I'm researching the possibility of him working out of that office while I attend University for two years.  So many factors to consider and I appreciate any tips or suggestions on housing, transportation,  and how to prepare to leave things taken care of back home.

thank you for the welcome!

@Julien
Hi All, my husband works for a US company with an office in Dundee. I'm looking at applying for a program at University of Dundee so I'm researching the possibility of him working out of that office while I attend University for two years. So many factors to consider and I appreciate any tips or suggestions on housing, transportation, and how to prepare to leave things taken care of back home.

thank you for the welcome!
-@The Farm at Hickory Flat

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

My advice at this stage is to speak to the University you are attending. You will not be the 1st person to have done this and perhaps they may have local contacts for things like housing, or know what your peers have done. The University has a website that has a Chat section, so you can talk to them online; this link will take you straight to it. The site search section has 271 hits for accommodation (they don't call it housing in the UK in the same way as you do in the US). They have a Facebook page with an accommodation section (link).

Visas:

• for you, check out the UK Government website - this link will take you straight to it.
  • for your husband, same website, different section, this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board, The Farm at Hickory Flat !

Please note that I have created a new thread on the Dundee forum from your post and the response you've been given by our Expert, Cynic

Discover the Living in Scotland guide for expats, there are some articles about Dundee (accommodation/work etc)

All the best

Bhavna