I'd love to live somewhere in the northern part

I'm kinda a hermit. I'd love to live in some isolated croft somewhere in the northern part of Scotland with my dogs and a spinning wheel and loom. Not interested in cities. A small village will do. Anyone know about these places?

Hi ragtimelil,

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Scotland forum for better visibility. :)

I have a cottage in north east Scotland available for rent. You could take it for 6 months and explore / decide if you want to live in Scotland long term.

Diane and I would love to know more about the cost of a cottage in or near a small town for long term living..we too crave the simple life...quite and scenery are what we crave

Hello,
I am new to this site. Is it posssible for an American to live in Scotland for six months without a long stay visa?
Thanks for any and all replies
Dawna

Hi, you dont need to go far North for what it sounds like you are looking for (peace and quiet in a rural area?, please correct me if im wrong!). Scotland is filled with small villages and countryside towns, and the further North you go the colder it will get during winter seasons from my experiance Ayrshire is filled with lovely rural areas many old and original houses and farmhouses at reasonable prices for sale and rent surrounded by farms and greenbelt land. if you are deadset on far north just remember also there are still areas up north where it is insanely difficult for internet access (unless your prepared to pay top dollar for it)...think could you really survive without Dr Internet? lol that lifes not for me

My advise by all means feel free to ignore it as it may not apply at all and I may be wildly off base but Dont shy away too much from human interaction, man is a sociable creature by nature. often when people are looking for that kind of life/lifestyle it is because of difficulties they have to face up to on a personal level, running away from problems has and will never solve them but may magnify them.
by all means come to Scotland but id like think we Scots can be over friendly and may not allow you to live alone with no interaction!! (ask my neighbours!)