Letting agents

Hello again.

I heard that there are some assumptions regarding registering with a letting agent to look for a property, but  I may be wrong, and hence my post here.

Can I register with different agencies at the same time when looking for a rental property, or do I have to stick with one only? Stupid question I know, but just need some advice.

Hello Tookays,

Good question !

I hope someone will be able to shed the light on your query.

You can also go along with an agency but inform them at the very beginning that other agencies are also looking for property for you and see what their response is...

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna I intend to! Let me see what they say, and do. From your answer, it seems you know something about it.1f603.svg

Well 1f600.svg, I had a similar but different experience with agencies/agents last year as a seller :

I had a property for sale and was approached by several agencies. I informed each one of them that I don't mind my property being advertised on their website or by their agents but they should know that they will not have the exclusivity of the deal. Whoever gets me a client first can book the deal and take their commission.

They were all ok with that and even told me that it's normal and they wouldn't ask for exclusivity. Just to make sure that I inform them as soon as I get a client.

@Bhavna thank you. That sounds reasonable.

I was also wondering if it is useful to look at houses/contact local agents the frist time I will come and check out the island to see if I like the vibe to relocate? Also I found two housing websites of which their prices are very different from each other. Lexpressproperty.com has more affordable houses for me, then the other website Propertycloud. I am wondering why? Also I was thinking of checking out Albion but I cannot find any house or appartment around € 450,- neither in Tamarin. For reasons I still have to explore, right now I somehow do not fancy living in f.e. Grand Baie or Pereybere 1f605.svg

@oshudofsky prices are indicative only. You will always have to negotiate if you wish to buy. If you want to rent a house or apartment, then contact a local agent in the area you want to rent, but always tell them that you will also contact other agents. Personally I like the Flic en Flac area; however, if you want to live among local people, then Quatre Bornes is also a very convenient area as well as the nearby developments like Sodnac etc. Have a walk around when you are there.