How to organise a tour ?

Hi, I am wondering and cannot find the answer looking through the forum, what is the best way and also the not overly expensive way to book a few nature tours while on the island?

Could I just ask different taxi drivers to drive me to certain island highlights or should I rather look for official tour guides and book them. Should I search through Mauritius facebook pages to find reliable tour guides?

Thank you for information and help.

Hi, I am wondering and cannot find the answer looking through the forum, what is the best way and also the not overly expensive way to book a few nature tours while on the island?
Could I just ask different taxi drivers to drive me to certain island highlights or should I rather look for official tour guides and book them.
-@oshudofsky

Just found this on another forum thread about airport transfer costs.  This site ->https://www.taxismauritius.com/ has prices for car for hire for half day or full day excursions.  I am not sure if this includes a guide.  You can possibly call and ask.

Hope that this helps.

@prospectorland Thank you so much for your answer. I will go and send them an email and see what they can do for me. Take care for now. Lots of greetzzzz Olga

Could I just ask different taxi drivers to drive me to certain island highlights or should I rather look for official tour guides and book them. Should I search through Mauritius facebook pages to find reliable tour guides?
Thank you for information and help.
-@oshudofsky

@oshudofsky, I just remembered another way to book official tour guides - www.toursbylocals.com.  There are registered guides that would give you tours of Mauritius.  I used this service for personal guided tours of Pune and Bangalore before.

Hope that this helps.

@prospectorland of course this helps. You always have such helpful answers for me. I am really greatful for this. Thank you. Greetz Olga