Minimum salary for highly skilled worker Brussels

Hello guys,

I have a question the minimum salary required in Brussels for highly skilled workers is 47174 euros.

The company offered me:

*Gross salary 42254 euros/ 13.92 months

*360 euros per month premium (because I won't take a car) (it will be multiplied by 13.92): 360*13.92= 5011 euros

*8 Euros/day meal voucher

*Insurance etc..

My question is if the 360 euros of the car enters in the amount required of the minimum salary or not, so I mean if we can use the 360 to calculate to attain the minimum amount?

@Theking123

check your “Net”!

tax is high and complex in Belgium. So check what would be your Net, and if that is sufficient in the city you are moving to.

It is sufficient but I mean for papers for the government not for me, as for me it is more than sufficient

It is sufficient but I mean for papers for the government not for me, as for me it is more than sufficient
-@Theking123

From my experience, benefits are calculated in the Gross so if you add up all benefits and your gross passes the minimum then its fine.

@Peterjohn123 thanks

The definitive answer is a legal one and I am not a lawyer. But I would say that the minimum salary is just that. A company must pay that, and may, but need not, pay other elements (car, meals,

etc) on top.

So your total figure needs to be above the minimum.

Michael

@Michael Dunhill Thanks Michael for your reply, I didn't understand well your reply, do you mean advantages are included or not?

Logically they should be included. They are not compulsory but certainly have value. If you insist on receiving the legal amount the employer will surely cut out the extras.

Added as suplement to my previous statement

https://www.vlaanderen.be/toelating-tot … 3faa2ee7c7

the last FAQ