How to make friends in Belgium

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Belgium :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Belgium??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I work with a number of single expats and for their entertainment they go to the Wild Geese Pub in Schumann, Brusselsafter work where they meet people from all woalks of like and from all over the world.

Regards

Paul

Grabbing a drink with me, is one of the possibilities. :-)

Also ill be willing to get chatting to people and then arrange meet ups

Is it hard to make friends in Belgian?
Many people say that they are more concerned about spending time with their family than they are with making friends...

I hope people are social over there, I am planning to more there soon..

HI FRIENDS
I WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS MOMENT TO GREET YOU ALL OVER THERE. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW YOU WELL AND TO BECOME FRIEND WITH YOU IN BELGIUM. AS THE COUNTRY I LIKE A LOT. I HAVING A DREAM OF VISITING UROPEAN COUNTRY AND I LIKE TO COME TO BELGIUM AND THIS ONLY WHEN WE KNOW EACH OTHER AND BECOME FIRENDS.
LET US KNOW ONE ANOTHER AND MAKE BECOME GOOD TRUE FRIEND SO THAT WE CAN VISITING EACH OTHER AS FRIEND.
I HOPE THAT WE WILL LEARN MORE THROUW THIS RELATIONSHIPAND BECOME A FAMILY.
HAVE A NICE DAY AND ENJOY IT WITH FULL OF SMILE ON YOUR FACES AND PLEASE DONT HESTITATE TO CONTACT ME ALL THE TIME.
I THANK YOU ALL

Hello BRA PULE JAMEKA and welcome to Expat.com!

PS: Could you please lower your caps lock when writing so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Honest friend find for me

Hello Zadran! :)

Congrats for your first post on the forum!  :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

hello, I'll try to write the respons in english but it's not so easy. I'm from belgium where there are 3 national languages who are french,dutch and german I just would you to know it and I have a little question about your latest message. You say there that the "thread" (I don't know this word) is inactive for over a year but can't you close it? Pearhaps?
Zadran will no more write on the blog, forum. It's not always easy

Hello lorenzmonique! :)

Thread = Topic

When you click on the green button ''New Topic'' to create a new topic this is also referred as creating a new thread.

We do not close all inactive threads, since these threads can bring information to people.When it is closed down, it is not easily visible on the forum.

We close down threads that tends to create problem or incite spamming and other things that may violate terms and conditions of use of the blog.

As a usual practise, we inform the member that a thread is an old one, so that if he does not get any response, he already knows why. :)

Have a nice day

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I have just moved here to work in politics and I  would like to make new friends. In the 10 days that I have been here I have found life to be peaceful but in many cases too peaceful. I am an author and I would love to make friends who can share ideas about writing and developing language skills from a mutual perspective.

Yes coming from the U.K and being popular back home is a bit of a shock when you end up in a city like Brussels and suffer from being on your own. For me it has been 10 days and it is not easy at all but I am hanging in there getting used to life in the city. I have seen many decent people but I have found that overall it seems that making connections will need to worked upon. I hope to make friends here because I want to be with people who can have a debate and a laugh.

Debate sounds like stressful, no?  But yes you are right, a normal conversation (imo, doesn't have to clash your mind with someone else when all you want is try to make friends) and a good laugh would be nice.  Hope you'll find that soon Sarinder. :D

Who knows, it is a very quiet country in comparison to what I am used to back home in the U.K. I will adapt I am sure, but it seems that I will have to keep trying a little harder than what I would in the U.K

Have you tried going out and get to know others?  Sitting behind the screen won't get you any step further.

I do go out actually. I will keep you all posted thanks for asking.

hello, i have a little question, I couldn't become friend with you joshua because I'm not in Brussel but at the german speaking side near the german border; my question is too know if you speak one of the 3 national languages who are french, dutch and german. I suppose it will be easier to find some friens and if you don't know them you can dothat what every foreigner do in another country ... learn the language(s) german is spoken by a minority so it's not so usefull to learn it. I hope you understand everything because english is a foreign language to me.
bye, monica

hello miss,

i want to improve my level in english can you help me i live in brussel and iam computer science i need to speak english.

thanks you.