Schools in Malta

HI my name is Valentina. We will be moving to Malta in August 2023. We have a 3 year old daughter and are currently looking for a school for her. We have contacted a few independent schools and they all have long waitlists.

We are starting to get a little bit worried about the school situation.

We want our daughter to keep studying in English, as we wont be in Malta for long and see no real need for her to learn Maltese.

Do they teach in English in public schools, or mainly Maltese? What about church schools?

Any insight would be fantastic.

Thank you in advance.

@Valentina Sardi

Welcome to the Forum, schooling has been covered on here many times, if you do a search on here you should find the answers you need, good luck.

HI my name is Valentina. We will be moving to Malta in August 2023. We have a 3 year old daughter and are currently looking for a school for her. We have contacted a few independent schools and they all have long waitlists.

August 2023 is the next school year, you should not have a problem getting into schools given that timeline ime.

Try QSI they often have shorter lists.

School situation doesnt change much so what you find in search will still be relevant.

Haileybury Malta opens next September and we've received a message saying that Admissions will be opening soon.

Haileybury Malta opens next September and we've received a message saying that Admissions will be opening soon.
-@Lozza8080

This is the link to their website.

[link moderated]

@Evreham

Thank you for your answer. I will be contacting them to ask about the admission process. We have contacted other schools and even for 2023 they still have waitlists. I believe its due to all the students that are currently enrolled and they are counting on those students moving forward next year.