US Tourist Visa for Brazilian Girlfriend

Hello,
Is there anything I can do to help my Brazilian girlfriend get a tourist visa to go to the US for us to visit Disney and meet my family? We are both in Brazil right now. I saw the general visa requirements but is there some financial level she has to have and is there a way I can help with that? She has a full time job and is going to college also but she doesn't make a lot of money as a nurse. Does it matter? Anyone know how long it takes to get a tourist visa? Thanks.
The application is easy enough. At the interview, they will want to see her ties to Brasil. Their greatest concern is her staying in the USA and not returning to Brasil. So, you need to show them her reasons for NOT staying in the USA, such as her job, family, friends, home, car, etc. anything that ties her to her own country, Brasil.
We just got three tourist visas for some of my wife's Brasilian family, her mother-in-law, a sister, and her husband, it was very easy. I hired someone, a facilitator I have used a number of times, to get our appointment, he's THE BEST. Their interview was short and they had their approval right away. We flew them into Seattle right away for a wonderful visit, their first time in the USA.
08/08/22 @jasonlovesdogs Unless things have changed drastically, the single biggest consideration for granting or rejecting a Brazilian's application for a tourist visa to visit the US is the strength of the ties that will bring her back to Brazil and convince the Consular Officer that she's not going to try to overstay her visa.  The fact that she has a fulltime job will help; so will the fact that she's in college.  If at all possible, she should have proof of both, she should not quit the job or the college program for the trip, and she should have a day that she's expected back for both that she can tell the Officer during her interview.

If your plan is to marry in the US and try to stay there, she needs to apply for a Fiancé(e) Visa, not a Tourist Visa.  Trying to marry on a Tourist Visa and then to arrange for a Green Card will land you both in a world of trouble and expense.

You won't be able to go into the Consulate with her for her interview, so there's not much you can do to help her.  If you are planning  on returning to Brazil with her after she meets your family and goes to Disney, it can help for her to let the Officer know that. 

A big problem will be wait times at any US Consulate to process her request.  There's a huge backlog because of the pandemic closures, and wait times are now between nine and twelve MONTHS.  Plug the name of the city where she plans to apply into the tool on this page to see what the wait time there is:

If timing is a concern, you definitely want to consider the services of a facilitator.

@rraypo Amazing! Is that the guy from São Paulo that you used? How long did it take from applying to approval?

@abthree Excellent reply. We are not planning to marry yet and we are both planning on living in Brazil for now even if we do get married. We were hoping to go in December but it sounds like wait times are significant. Would using a facilitator cut the wait time down? How would I find a facilitator? I'm in Brasília.

08/08/22 @jasonlovesdogs

A big problem will be wait times at any US Consulate to process her request.  There's a huge backlog because of the pandemic closures, and wait times are now between nine and twelve MONTHS.  Plug the name of the city where she plans to apply into the tool on this page to see what the wait time there is:

If timing is a concern, you definitely want to consider the services of a facilitator.
- @abthree

Our facilitator got our families appointments, all three, all on the same day and time, easily, for the following week. It must be nice to have connections.

@rraypo Amazing! Is that the guy from São Paulo that you used? How long did it take from applying to approval?

- @jasonlovesdogs

A week? 

08/09/22 @abthree How would I find a facilitator? I'm in Brasília.

- @jasonlovesdogs

Sorry, I don't know anyone.  I'd recommend having a talk with rraypo's contact.

@rraypo Could you share the name and location of the facilitator that you used?

@abthree Excellent reply. We are not planning to marry yet and we are both planning on living in Brazil for now even if we do get married. We were hoping to go in December but it sounds like wait times are significant. Would using a facilitator cut the wait time down? How would I find a facilitator? I'm in Brasília.

- @jasonlovesdogs

As Ray stated the processing time is an issue.
Two years ago my professora needed to renew her US Visa. Yes, covid was an issue, and it took 4 months for the interview and 6 weeks to be approved. A new Visa will take longer.
Every time I went to the US consulate (before Covid) I was amazed at the line for Brasilians to enter the Consulate in SP. At 14:00 they stopped entry! I felt sorry for those who waited and then could not enter. I believe the Consulates now require appointments and time slots are few.
The US Consulate has advised they returned to normal hours.

"The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil have resumed routine nonimmigrant visa appointments. National Interest Exceptions are no longer required for travel to the United States. To schedule your visa appointment, please access the Visa Appointment Service.  For information on immigrant visa processing visit the immigrant visa page.
Due to health and safety protocols, appointments may be limited.  However, we are regularly adding new available appointments whenever possible.  Be sure to check back frequently."

@rraypo Could you share the name and location of the facilitator that you used?

- @gnswec
Sure, I will send you a private message. I do not want to advertise on here for anyone.

@rraypo

Boa tarde!

Do you have the name of the person you used for getting tourist visas to USA? Please send in direct message.  My Brazilian girlfriend and I have completed her DS-160, but really need some help getting this Tourist Visa through without having to wait until Next February, 2024 just to interview at the consulate in Recife. to visit the US together. We are in João Pessoa.  Muito Obrigado!

Yes I need that

I'm actually in USA just did her I130 in November they said 8ths so idk

can she still do her visa

@rraypo Could you send me the name of your US visa facilitator/contact?    My mother-in-law recently was rejected due to incomplete documentation.   We could use some assitance to get it sorted out. 

Thank you

@rraypo that is amazing that your facilitator was able to do that. Would love to get their contact info DM please for my SO too.

Thank you in advance.

@marcotenore

Message sent to you