Planning on relocating from Canada to Cayman

I am looking for advice on taking a home in Cayman. I have no specific time frame yet for my move but I expect that I will be ready to move from Canada to Cayman near to September of this year. I would like to rent a room in a someones home. I have been looking at Ecaytrade and finding nothing like this.

Jesse. Your employer will find you accommodation, if you're coming on a Work Permit. If you're coming as a tourist, you might try advertising on E-Cay yourself for an Air b-&-b. If you're coming to retire here, there are a lot of hurdles to jump - one of which is to prove to the government that you have enough money to live here without working. (A tourist can't seek a job while visiting.)

I have been finding attractive things on Ecaytrade. I am moving for business purposes.

Regarding living there, I already have a credit card with Tangerine and understand that I can continue to use it when living in Georgetown. I would like to apply for an American Express card but the only way that I see is through ScotiaBank. I would rather avoid Canadian banks as there has been mention here by our federal government to initiate a global income tax.

Suggestions to find American Express elsewhere?

I have been finding attractive things on Ecaytrade. I am moving for business purposes.
Regarding living there, I already have a credit card with Tangerine and understand that I can continue to use it when living in Georgetown. I would like to apply for an American Express card but the only way that I see is through ScotiaBank. I would rather avoid Canadian banks as there has been mention here by our federal government to initiate a global income tax.

Suggestions to find American Express elsewhere?
-@darthjes

Hello everyone,

@Gordon Barlow, could you please post your message again? 1f60a.svg

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello everyone

Hello everyone,
@Gordon Barlow, could you please post your message again? 1f60a.svg
Cheryl
Expat.com team
-@Cheryl

Gosh, I don't know what happened there. Sorry! I don't recall exactly what I said, but it would probably have been to tell darthjes that banks here will not open bank accounts for non-residents. I may also have advised him to check out "Cayman Resident" online. He will discover that these days people can't just wander into these Islands and start working. He must check the rules before he comes, and the Cayman Resident has a lot of the answers.

It is fine even if you do not recall your exact wording.1f609.svg

Thank you for your reply!

I am sure that it will be very useful to darthjes.

Cheers,

Cheryl

I've been headhunted by a car dealer in Cayman, I'm a Canadian.  If I accept, will I have to pay income tax on my income in Cayman or Canada?