Loving to live in Thailand

Hi all,
I'm Gael, I was born in France of English speaking parents. I speak and teach both English and French. I've been in Thailand for 2 weeks and I love it here. I'm really considering staying to work, I coud eat Thai food for the rest of my life :)
I have a T.E.S.O.L so that should help to teach, but I'm told the French passport could be an issue, any thoughts on that?
Best, Gael
Hi all,
I'm Gael, I was born in France of English speaking parents. I speak and teach both English and French. I've been in Thailand for 2 weeks and I love it here. I'm really considering staying to work, I coud eat Thai food for the rest of my life smile.png
I have a T.E.S.O.L so that should help to teach, but I'm told the French passport could be an issue, any thoughts on that?
Best, Gael
- @LE BOURHIS Gael
What has the passport got to do with anything as long as your credentials are ok?
@Leeds forever!
Yes i'm hopping not much, but I'm told they're pretty exigent with the passport being from an Englophone country.
@LE BOURHIS Gael
You better sharpen up on your English skills if you're going to teach it…..not a great start if you can't spell hoping😁
@LE BOURHIS Gael
You better sharpen up on your English skills if you're going to teach it…..not a great start if you can't spell hoping😁
- @West Aus
Did you only find one misspelt word in his posts? I don't believe for a second he's teaching English. 🤔
@LE BOURHIS Gael
- @West Aus
Did you only find one misspelt word in his posts? I don't believe for a second he's teaching English. 🤔
- @Leeds forever!

I missed "hopping" on my first read, but the other misspelt word leapt out at me.
Most of jobs posts are for NES Native English Speakers.
Maybe you will find.. but at a lower salary
@Aidan in HCMC
Was it “I'm” or Englophone; both wrong 😊
West Aus highlights a problem that arises all too frequently in translator circles (I'm a technical translator). So many people think that a year or two spent in a foreign country makes you fluent in that country's language. It most certainly doesn't. This chap has the advantage of English-speaking (native?) parents, yet his own English is sadly lacking. Perhaps he's simply not “doué” (gifted) at languages as we say here in France - certainly not enough to be teaching Thais.