Single and over 60 wanting to retire ,is it safe

I would like to know if any  one can tell me where I can fine an area that is safe for a single female.
I can not speak for all cities in Cambodia, since I have only been a visitor in places like Battambang and Phnom Penh. However my experience in Siem Reap is that it is a completely safe place for single women of retirement age. I say that because I know several in that bracket and they have never had a problem.
SR is a quiet, friendly place. Good accommodation is not expensive and other living costs are low. There are plenty of social groups and activities for 'older folk', and local people are friendly and respectful if they are treated the same way. Nothing to worry about here.
I am single and over 60.  I live in a village close to Thnal Totueng and although it is not Siem Reap, it is safe and quiet.
@beamoore58

That's a good question but hard to answer.

You don't mention where you want to live and that can be a big difference.

In general the more expensive apartment buildings have good security and are safe.

The area you have to check out yourself. What one finds safe others find unsafe.

Cambodia is a safe place to live.

Good luck.

Joe
I'm over  seventy now, and have lived in Phnom Penh, although that was twenty plus years ago, Battembang, Kampot,  and, for the past five years Siem Reap. Over the period I've never had ANY problem in the above. Cambodia, if one is sensible, is as safe, as anywhere else around the world.
And all i would add to the other contributions is to say you can always "try out " a place, and if it doesn't suite move on.

Good Luck- And welcome to Cambodia. 
Thank you that question and the reassuring answers. I am a single female planning to move to SR once my house and business sell. Both are happening!  I have been “playing” on the IPS web site just to check out rentals. Seems many do offer security as Joe said. But, in my travels to Cambodia I am cautious, aware of my surroundings and don't go out alone at night. I honestly feel safer in SR or PP than I do in Atlanta!
I am a man 79 and have lived in Cambodia for 8 years. I have never had an issue, but I always look at where I am and at what time. Alone or with someone stay out of known crime areas, always watch your belongings, and don't wear expensive jewelry. This can be said for anywhere you travel or live. 
Hi, welcome to the forum.
After 11 years in the region, Vietnam, Thailand , Bali & now here in Phnom Penh …I've rarely had problems with the local people anywhere.

Sure…you'll get your opportunist bag & phone snatchers….but if you walk around with your phone held out on the end of a stick , don't be surprised if it disappears.  That'll happen anywhere.   

It's disappointing , but most trouble has come from drunk broke assed expats , that have run out of money. 😆     

I can't recall women from Western countries having too many problems ….they seem to adapt & live good lives here.

The men however…..it's enough to make a cat laugh if you hear the problems & situations that some of them have got themselves into.   

Don't worry you'll be fine …..It's a good life here.

@thepilatesloft1 Wow!! I didn't know that you are in Atlanta also. It'll be maybe another year and a half for me or before I make it to Phnom Penh.