PR Application | Chances of approval

Hi everyone. Can you please share some thoughts on applying a PR?

Would you mind sharing ur thoughts on how the SG government look for a candidate profile? My fiancé is in his 50's so on their website, age is not a problem. He is a dual citizen, divorcee and has only one child but living in the U.S.  He also bought a private property in SG before he submitted his appeal and in just 2 mos we received the rejected result.

We've been engaged since 2019 and our plan to get married keeps delaying because of this. What would be his chances if we got married and have kid before he apply for PR once again? Thanks.

PS: He got rejected 3 times.

1st -  year 2013
2nd - year 2021
3rd (appeal for 2021 rejected application) - year 2022

For his second application, he got a consultant under agency and pay for $5,500. (Inclusive of appeal) They will just help you with other info and you're the one who will do the work. Not surely help the chances of ur approval. Such a waste of money! 😔
Agencies are not just a waste of money, but actually reduce your approval chances - if you cannot fill the (rather easy) requirements and forms yourself, they recon, you are not smart enough for Singapore.

But I guess in your partner's case the more important reasons are age (not much economic value to be gained in his life, followed by a long timme of sapping on Singapore's limited resources) and the fact that his family is neither here nor applying with him.

Being married and having a child would help, provided the three of you apply together. In any case this is no reason to delay marriage!
@beppi we asked some PR's and locals they told us that marriage and having a children would not help for his application. But for us,  we are thinking that it might help on his application considering his age. I hope it'd help.

Thanks for you response.

So sorry Yuki, this is so frustrating isn't it. The vast majority of those who are granted pr are Chinese Malay, I believe I read somewhere over 80% of the quota goes to these applicants. And then the rest, you have to be incredibly wealthy, have six young sons…. or both. 😉
Yes so frustrating but we are not losing hope. I also believe that I read that elsewhere that 90% of PR approval goes to chinese, malay and indians and 10% are for other nationalities. I don't remember the percentage haha.

I know that my partner is not the only one who struggling to get PR approval for many years. We will just try our luck to apply once again next year. We really wanted to settle down in SG.  Hope in the coming years, we get an approval soon. Thanks john!

@Yuki09 Keep the faith! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding, that's what matters most.

Please keep in mind that having a PR ("permanent residence") is not as permanent as its name suggests: It needs to be renewed every 5 years and renewal can be rejected - often if you don't contribute enough to the Singapore economy or society.

I was PR for 20 years and had to give it up when I moved out of the country (despite having a Singaporean wife and kid). If I move back to Singapore, I have to choose another visa (which is easier to get) - but I don't worry about that, as PR is neither the only way to live in Singapore long-term, nor does it have many advantages.
Think of it from the SG Government's perspective, at 50 or over, you are applying to enjoy whatever perks come with the PR status as a unmarried individual with no local ties.

If he does get married, the chances will certainly be higher. It goes on to validate that the individual has actually decided to live in Singapore, moreover has a family now.

As Beppi outlined, agencies engaged by you are of no use, they just go on to show you can't write your own application well and put up a case.
@shekhz @beppi @john thanks for your response. I hope on my next post or reply on this forum it's finally a good news and we can share our experience!

This forum is such a big help! Thanks for all ur info🙂

Hi,

We have been applied PR on sep 2021.still shows pending.its almost a year.we are indians.My husband only working.Annual income is 165k. We have two sons

@Anitha Dharmalingam Have you heard back? Or is it still pending till now?

Hi admin, can help to assess whether my chances are high for PR application;

nationality: Filipino

profession: Nurse

Length of stay: 7 years

-is it advisable to get an agency rather than DIY.

-any idea how much should i prepare for this whole application?

many thanks in advance.

@54321yan The site admins are located in Mauritius, thus would not be able to advise you.

It is not easy to guess your chances from the very limited information you gave.

The application should be well prepared and convincing. You shoulddo this yourself, not engage engage an agent - they cost money and can only lower your chances!