SS direct deposit.

The direct deposit is released at midnight in the US? Is it posted in real time here in P.I.?

Sumomaster2004 wrote:

The direct deposit is released at midnight in the US? Is it posted in real time here in P.I.?

Not quite the answer, the Philippines due to the international date line is partially a day ahead of EST. So our 16th can be the 15th in the states.

My deposit is  the 15th of the month the third Wednesday or later. Example March deposit will be payable on the 16th, Aprils deposit will be available on the 20th, all USA time & date.

So my ss is deposited (actually several days before) 12 am at Citibank. Sometimes it doesn't show up for a few hours after midnight on the payment date EST.

For the record your deposit arrives several days before it's before it is accredited to your account. I have an account at a S&L in the states, not for my ss. They emailed me if I change the direct deposit to them, they will release as soon as they receive it (before the official payment date.)

Thanks Bob!

Also note that SS checks from the USA must be deposited in a savings account that cannot be a joint account. Philippine law.....

Correct. Thats why i have 2 accounts
😁

Even if it's husband n wife, they can't jointly have their names both on the savings acct.?

Enzyte Bob wrote:

I have an account at a S&L in the states, not for my ss. They emailed me if I change the direct deposit to them, they will release as soon as they receive it (before the official payment date.)

I wish Western Union could receive SS here US and then we get the cash in pesos at a pick up there. as soon as they receive it in US.   It's always cheaper transacting with WU than with banks. 

Maybe in 5 years time.  :)

Thank you - I appreciate your information