PR Application 2022 - Discussion

Hello All. Pardon me if I am posting at the wrong place. Still new to this platform.

I would like your help to provide an assessment on our profile. We submitted our second PR application on 26th July 2022. Our first application was on 2nd April 2020, just before the circuit breaker. It got rejected in August 2020. (hardly 4 months). We had engaged a consultant and paid quite a lot to help us with our application and submission. This time we just did it rather ourselves in a straightforward manner, submitting only the documents ICA has asked for. No fancy cover letters, volunteering BS etc.

Husband's Age : 35 years
Nationality: Indian (Hindu)
Education: Bachelor and Masters Degree from top most technological university in India.
Job: Technical BA in MNC Bank
Length of stay in Singapore: 10 years
Salary : SGD 220k per annum

Wife's Age : 30 years
Nationality : Indian (Hindu)
Wife's Income: SGD 40k per annum
Wife on DP, working as HR and Recruitment Lead for a Google cloud partner company
Length of stay in Singapore : 4.7 years.

Blessed last year with a baby girl (1 year old)

We waited for almost 2 years to make the second application. Change from previous application : Husband got promoted in Dec 2020 and there was a salary increment. I had lost my job after we submitted our PR application (it might be one if the rejection factors, not sure). But currently I am employed for the last 2 years and stable. Also, we have a new addition to our family (our 1 yo baby girl).
Higher salary, new baby and application self-prepared all increase your chances (they don't like poeple who need help even with filling the rather easy application forms!).
Volunteering and giving back to the community is not BS, please stand corrected. PR applications are carefully reviewed and what the ICA wishes to see is how you integrate with the local community.

Earning a high salary, getting a promotion or being blessed with a child are personal aspects- these need to be complimented by other good things too which show national integration :)

Your nationality currently has a stiff competition when it comes to the applicant pool for PR, there are nationality quotas too if you weren't aware.
[Commercial ad was purged from the post by moderators - please read the forum rules!]

@ind_sg_vrn,
Hi,
i have read your post and background, and you are right. PR application is not as easy as you think and on this matter, i am here to provide services to ease your PR application.

[Commercial part purged]

Do you know there are around 120,000 PR applications every year? And only 30,000 PR were approved yearly? So, 75% of the applicants actually failed to get their PR every year.
A lot of people who was rejected, tend to try again without any significant changes to their application and end up with same rejection all over again. 
Most People thought that how much they earn and how high is their education is the main deciding point for getting a PR. However, we do get quite a number of customers who are EP holders with income of $10,000 or above, seeking our help to get their PR due to multiple rejection from their self-applications.  On the other end, we managed to help many S-Pass holders with income $3,000 or below, to get their PR.

[Commercial part purged]

Regards
Valentina

[commercial links purged]

Please note:
- PR applications prepared with the help of an agency, such as the one "Valentina" tried to advertise (against forum rules, see below), generally have a lower chance of approval - because MoM recons anyone unable to prepare the (rather easy) formalities by themselves is not worthy of being PR.
(Of course such agencies never tell you this ...)
- An agency that, like "Valentina" above, uses disallowed advertising practises and is appranetly too cheap to pay for proper ads, should not be trusted with any important issue. If you must contact an agency at all, do NOT choose this one!
Hello all,

please assess my chances:

Profile - Single, Male, Indian
Age - 35
Education - Bachelors (India)
Material status - Engaged / About to get married to PR
Duration in Singapore - close to 10 years
Salary - $250K per year
Industry - Technology
Occupation - Product marketing
previous applications - 2020 / 2021 (both failed, but with a lower salary)

does the longer duration and high salary help. Generally what are the chances of those who have been in the country for 10+ years getting their PR?
There are a few threads on PR prospects, pls look up.

Duration in SG, family ties to locals, kids, property investments, social integration,  salary and promotions are all critical. Ah, nationalities quota apply too.

@kt1987 Get married, buy a property, have a (preferably male) child and then apply again. That would boost your chances considerably.

@beppi May I ask, whether you got your PR back?

@akshitasharma2015

Not exactly about PR, but I noticed your wife works on DP.  Is working on DP allowed again in Singapore?

Hi,

Both me and my spouse have PhDs in computing/IT from local universities and both of us are currently on EP. We both of have several years work experience too.

Grapevine says that a lot of similar profiles got approval.

Can you please help clarify a few questions.

• Is there anyone in this forum who have got approval with similar profiles to ours?
  • How long did the approval process take for you?Do you actually need an agent for the application process?Which is the best method to apply? Filling the form online or uploading the filled pdf?

Thank you!

Skycharm: I did not attempt (yet) to get my PR back.

Working on DP is possible if a separate WP is approved.

Work pass applications take 2 - 8 weeks in most cases, special circumstances may deviate from this. There is nothing you can do to predict or change the duration. Patience is key!

Agents can only be engaged by the employer, but are a waste of their money in most cases.

Female

single

34 years old

Malaysian  Chinese

S pass (just got recently)

Bachelor Degree in Public Relation and Marketing

Sales and marketing executive

stay in Singapore for 11 years 

what is the chance of becoming a PR of Sg?

Lingling: Almost beyong child-beaing age and still single - that will reduce your chances. Hope that you have other aspects that make up for it!

does getting married work something out?

@lingling951212 of course - marrying a Singaporean shows commitment towards the country!

how long can I apply for a PR after obtaining my S pass?

@lingling951212 Officially, you can apply after just 6 months. But in reality, you have little chance of approval before you have worked here 3 years (AND fulfil various other requirements).

I have been working in Singapore for 11 years. I didn't not have a chance to apply a PR cos I had been holding work permit. I did my part-time diploma and degree while I was on my full-time job. I only got my S Pass recently after completing my degree as well as changed a new job.

Hello all,

please assess my PR chances:

Profile - Single, Male, Indian

Age - 26

Education - Advance diploma and Bachelors In Information technology (Both from Singapore)

Material status - Single

Duration in Singapore - 5 years

Salary - $65K per year (excluding bonus)

Current Visa: S Pass

Industry: Cyber Security

Company: Big 4

Hello!
Please assess my PR chances too.

Will apply soon too.

Profile- Filipino, Female
Age - 26
Education - Bachelor's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management

Material status - Married to SC

Duration in Singapore - 4 years

Salary - 40k per year

Current Visa: S Pass converting to LTVP

Industry: Healthcare

- Is there any chance that my PR application will be approve if i apply now? Because i am currently waiting for my LTVP( i converted my spass because they said its easy to get PR if LTVP first then apply PR after 6 months).

-Married for 2 months

@nayeshaf Good chances - especially if you (and your husband) are ethnically Chinese. Even better if you apply after having a baby.

"@Unknown2022" Unclear.

@nayeshaf

Hello Newbiey,

Do you have anything to say to @nayeshaf?

I think the rest of your message has been erased...

Yoginee

Expat.com team

I saw on other forum. apply after 2yrs of marriage because if you immediately apply after marriage they will see it as a marriage for convenience. and apply under family ties scheme.

Hi all. I'm confused. I plan to apply my pr soon.

holding EP and only in SG for 7 months. I know it's short but just trying my luck to apply first. But as I know once I apply, I cannot change my current job. Am I right?

@Pavvalo Unless you have exceptional skills in R&D, sports or arts, apply after completing three years of living/working in Singapore!

(A change of job has no influence, though.)

@beppi so means changing a job in between the application doesn't affect?

@Pavvalo Yes.

Hello Everyone,

Kindly help to assess my PR chances:

Profile - (Applying dependant PR for Wife and 2 kids )

Race- Indian

PR applied - 13 times ( rejected )

Husband - PR ( Studied Masters in NTU and In Singapore for 19 years)

Wife - 39 years old ( working as a finance Manager since 2009 in Singapore )

Education- Masters from India

Duration in Singapore - 13 years

Salary - $72K per year (excluding bonus)

Current Visa: LTVP

Kids : ( Both born in Singapore , currently holding Student Pass)

Boy - 13 years old ( took PSLE and entering SEC 2023)

Girl - 8 years old ( P3 Local MOE school)

Reason : We really have no idea whats happening with our application. The rejection reason was always " Application unsuccessful, Please continue to stay with the current pass"

@jayasudha

There is very limited information, to be specific, what are you doing to contribute to the socio-economic growth of SG apart from taxes that everyone pays?

@jayasudha Difficult to say. I see no roadblocks here, but many factors (like your commitment to Singapore and engagement in society matters) are not mentioned. After 13 unsuccessful attempts (!), I think you should take a break and not re-apply for several years!

@beppi , Commitment - yes bought a EC. Engagement in social matters - Yes, volunteered our time regularly at Willing Hearts and doing small donations.

True , 13 attempt is a way too much. But we did it hoping  we get through as we were stressed at different stages like P1 getting school and now for Sec 1 .

@Shekhz ,Socio-economic growth - it should be from my husband or me ? we donate some small amount for Cancer and Children Society and doing a voluntary service in a soup Kitchen .  Other than that the local Community Centres do not accept foreigners as a member.  If you can provide me some options , it would be helpful for me to work on it.

Thanks.

@jayasudha

Its tag team, both you and your spouse should be volunteering, donating as much as doable, embedding yourself into the community.

honestly, I'm not sure what went wrong in the past submissions but 13 is way too many rejections. Concur with Beppi, you must take a break from applying again, unless something significant changes in your profile.

Story interrupting.

is there any chance for EP holder apply after working in sg for 6 months. I know chance is low. But is there any possibilities?

30 years old

working in IT sector. International company.

@Pavvalo After just 6 months, you had no chance yet to show serious commitment to Singapore or engagement for its society.

What else do you offer to Singapore, that makes up for this?

There have been cases of approved PR at such an early stage, but all of them were renowned scientists, well-known artists or world-class athletes, which Singapore has a motivation to attract. All others have to live and work here for at least three years (plus fulfill other requirements), before they have any realistic chance to become PR.

Being married to a Singaporean and having a (preferably male) child would also tip the scale in your favour. But do you have that? (And even then, just six months might be too little.)

@beppi I know right. Tbh I was trying my luck like how trying luck on toto. Lol but planning to get married by next year if possible. Really hope that everything goes well and fast like how fast mom approved my EP. While waiting for my status, what do I need to do, maybe can help on the application?

@Pavvalo I recommend you  prepare your application yourself, as no-one knows your situation and plus points better. You can sens a lot of money on immigration consultants that claim to help yor chances, but in reality it won't help at all!

@guid Hi! wondering if you got the approval of your PR application?

also, how long did ICA got back to you after you submitted the additional docs? Thank you!