Bill of Law N. 22156 - Investors of over $150k - 2 vehicles tax free

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'd like to buy a new Toyota Hilux and the new law seems to pave the way for Investors of >$150k to bring in two vehicles without duties taxes.

I'm wondering if this means the Toyota Dealership in San Jose could sell a vehicle duty tax free?
OR, buy one in Nicaragua (which has them listed for less than in Costa Rica) and drive that into the country as your import vehicle.

Is this a loophole that would work out well for someone buying property in Costa Rica that also wants a dependable vehicle?

Yes, this is 'supposedly 'in the works' but whether or not it will come to pass, who knows.

Link is here for more info.

Till it becomes active........it is just a decoy.I mentioned about this a little time back ago, about these incentives that  were just ' mere suggestions', for the time being.I was met with hostility,I don't care because it is funny......so let's go !

I previously made a post before about this issue, too.

I still can't fathom how the government intend to 'get the unpaid taxes back', if the 'new residents' decide to return to the own countries.

I wouldn't think that you would be able to purchase a new vehicle in CR without paying the import expenses, even if you were a 'new investor into the country.' The car dealers would cause havoc... :dumbom:

If it goes through it will be a pretty sweet deal. Basically, I can get a base line Hilux in Nicaragua for $30k. The same vehicle in Costa Rica is $43k.
Both are brand new from Toyota Dealers.

I'm wondering if they mean you count what you've already invested here or if it's new money only.  I know it's not law, and may never be, but I'd sure like to read the entire bill.

I'm wondering if they mean you count what you've already invested here or if it's new money only.  I know it's not law, and may never be, but I'd sure like to read the enti...

I would expect it only means new investments. They may have a recent period of time to fold into the grace period but the point is to encourage new money into the country.