Evaluating the Job proposal received through LinkedIn

Hi all, my first post here. I was approached by a recruiter from Belgium in LinkedIn and we had a 15 minute discussion on the job requirements. The job position is permanent with the employer and I will be deputed to the client location in Brussels.

The salary proposed is 4000 euro after tax. The visa type mentioned is Type A. The actual interview with the client will take place after me accepting the salary proposed in the email.

How can I verify if this job proposal is authentic or is it a fake proposal. Please advise.

Not enough details to form much of an opinion but a linkedin based offer would be less than unusual for scammers.

Details, please, especially any websites they may have given you (not ones you found yourself) and contact numbers/email addresses (by PM only, please).

The one big rule always applied - If they ask for money, it's a scam

Thanks for the information. Until this point it seems authentic and I was not asked any money as of now. I will send more details to you through PM. Thanks for taking your time to respond me! Appreciate it!

If they ask you to send money for anything, it's a scam. If you pay locally, it may still be real but you have to ask one question - Why did they offer you the job?

Linkedin recruiters for Belgium typically do this because the company gives them a budget for the position.

They don't want to waste time introducing you to the company only for you to reject the offer when it is finally made.

If the salary is low for your experience/skills, tell the recruiter what you want. If the position has been difficult to fill, the recruiter will typically inform the company that the candidate(s) he has wants more money. Also, ask the recruiter about the non-salary component of the offer

Thanks for the insights. Could you please advise what are typical non salary components in Belgium companies.

srinivaskmu wrote:

Thanks for the insights. Could you please advise what are typical non salary components in Belgium companies.

Meal vouchers, pension and hospital insurance are common for most indsutries. Company car will probably be worth 500 - 700 EUR if you are offered one.

Private pension to supplement social security, plus medical and life insurance are quite normal. As are lunch tickets (or a cafeteria). A lot of Belgian employees have a  company car which is quite tax efficient, saves you putting out the cash to buy, but you may not get a choice of car. Stock options are fairly unusual at this level, and usually limited to bigger employers.

srinivaskmu wrote:

Such info is easily available in internet search.

On the recruitment thing, as long as they don't demand money from you, proceed. You can private message me, I know the IT market a bit and can take a look if the company/recruitment agency is genuine (as far as I know),etc.

The agency appears to be real
8a Beaver Lane, Ashford, Kent, England, TN23 4NP
previously SAIC EUROPE SERVICES LIMITED but only for a month in 2014
Run by Kanaksingh Nathabhai DODIA and 2 others
Taxes up to date

Hi Aneesh,

hope you are doing good,need your expert advice.
i got an offer o 5500 EUR net take salary after tax.
is this amount good enough to survice and save in belgium for a family of 4.

Regards

Just beware  of some agencies who hired people and brought them on visa and in a few months time when the client ended the contract they fired the people with immediate basis. So do your due dilligence before making a move

@Aneesh, what would be take home(net salary) if they offers 6500 Euro gross monthly ?

abhidxb2020 wrote:

@Aneesh, what would be take home(net salary) if they offers 6500 Euro gross monthly ?

Use this tool to find the close number of you net salery.

"https://www.sd.be/loonsimulator/public/?lang=EN"

Kdeepak wrote:
abhidxb2020 wrote:

Use this tool to find the close number of you net salery.

"https://www.sd.be/loonsimulator/public/?lang=EN"

thanks