Moving to Girona - primary schools ?

Hello everyone,
I hope somebody will be able to give me some useful tips on the schools in the Girona region.

We are thinking of relocating from Alicante to Girona in the summer and need to find a good school for our six year old son.

Rightnow he is attending an English school and as he is a little reserved and sensitive, we would like to keep it that way if possible until his Spanish picks up better instead of throwing him in the deep now on top of that with Catalan -  so we are looking for an English/bilingual school or as an alternative even a semiprivate/public one which is attended by a larger group of english speaking kids - given tha fact there do not seem to be many international schools around...

Also can anyone give me any advice on how good the St.Georges School is up there?

I am also very grateful for any infos on very good public or semi private schools in the region as I have heard there are some good ones around, we would like to screen all possibilities and also have to consider waiting lists....

Thank you so much for any help!

Hi from Catalonia.
We might help you in your kid's school.
Our team relocate foreign families and expats arround Catalonia, helping in housing, schooling, immigration requirements, doctors, etc etc etc ...
If our services are requested, please contact us at :
[no free ads]
Warm regards, ...

Isabel Montals

There is an EXCELLENT Montessori school in Girona.....

Hi

We are relocating to Girona early next year. We have made two visits, the last one being a week ago to look at houses, schools etc.

So far we have had no joy with schools (St Georges and Montessori are full), nor houses.

Can you tell me what services you offer and see whether there is a match. We have two boys, aged 4 and 6.

At the moment we are not sure whether to live in Girona (the city) or in a village in the Provence. The problem is we need to make sure that the kids get into a really good school (even if it is not private), but I cannot find any information on the Internet re public schools.

Regards

Michael
PS, we are from cape Town

Hi,
I donŽt know whether you have already relocated to Girona or not but i can recommend a really good school in Torroella de Montgri, about 40mins from Girona. 
Col.legi Sant Gabriel is a concertat school so itŽs part private, you pay a bit and the government subsidisies the rest.  It is a catholic school. However i am not religious myself and my daughter who is seven enjoys the religion lessons.  They also give her extra catalan lessons to get her up to the same standard as her peers. (santgabriel.org).
Good luck.