New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Switzerland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Switzerland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I am Anshu Jayaswal and have lived in Geneva from March 2014 - Feb 2020.  I then relocated to the France side, Saint Julien en Genevois and currently reside here. 

Its great to join this forum to share ideas, establish connects and seek guidance on certain topics.

Thanks

Hello Anshu and tripkeyaofficial,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

We are glad to count you among our new members. Thanks for joining!

@ tripkeyaofficial: Would you kindly share what brings you to Switzerland?

Should you have any questions, both of you are encouraged to create new threads on the Switzerland forum.

Good luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hello there! I'm an Italian PhD student. I speak and understand Italian and English. I would like to meet someone who speaks Italian and French in Lausanne because I will be there for 12 months in order to attend UniL in Lausanne.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Shirley and I joined my partner from the UK a little over a year ago - although we've been back and forth. I just had a baby, currently on maternity  and will be back at work in a couple of months or so.

Looking forward to interacting with members of this forum virtually and in person

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Should you have any expat-related questions, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Switzerland forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@share your contact details tripkeyaofficial 

Hi everyone.I am Soheila from Iran 60 years old.Would like to be friends with ladies around my age in Geneva.

Hi, im new here and looking to connect. Especially looking for a good barbershop around canton Schwyz. Im thinking about moving here permanently-
@Julien

Hi All

I am Oscar and have been in out of Geneva for the past 4 years and am finally looking to have a more permanent sty with my family

Look forward to interacting with people on the forum
  Hi everybody,

I am considering moving to Switzerland in September. As I am French, I planned to move to the French speaking area. I thought about Vaud but I don't know well the other cities there.

I am an English graduated and teach English to teenagers. I can also look after children in kindergardens or in company nurseries and have a diploma too for it.

I speak perfectly French. I am really interested in meeting French expat there and/or Swiss locals.

Thank you for reading,

Best regards,

Alice
Hello everyone, warm greetings I am in Norway now but want to settle in Switzerland, know nothing about Switzerland and want to researh on more about it whether it is a good country or not to settle. Is there anyone who could help me with the genuine information?                Kind regards,                                                 Ritu Akchai Magar
Hello all,

I will be moving to Switzerland (St Gallen canton) in August of this year to teach. I'm originally from the United Kingdom (Surrey); it would be great to meet locals and others who have moved to the country.

I'm looking forward to arriving!

ngrave
My dream comes true, I'm coming Switzerland  for higher study and very much excited for this destination.
Hello mohdbaqar62,

Many congratulations to you!!!1f60e.svg

Could you tell us a bit more about yourself? About your studies, hobbies, interests etc

Knowing more about you will help to break the ice between you and the other members.1f609.svg

Do keep us updated of your experience in Switzerland. It might be helpful for future students as well.

Wish you all the best for your studies!!!

Yoginee
Expat.com team
I am Pancras Kweyu from Kenya. Glad to join you..
Hello Everyone,
My name is Pancras Kweyu from Nairobi, Kenya. I am 40 years. I have worked in both Qatar and Dubai as a Security guard between 2011-2019. My company closed down in Sept.2019 as result of Covid 19 so I had to come back home. I have a diploma in graphic design. I spend time gardening and sporting during my free time. I look forward to exploring more from this group.

Hello All!

I am Lloyda Katon, from Philippines. I am 63 years of age and looking forward to retiring in Switzerland in the near future. I speak English and my profession as a Facebook Media Buyer /Advertiser would require me to learn German or French language first to enable me to apply for a job. I have no other plans yet due to the language barrier. I'm looking for friends or an authorized person for any advice or suggestions. Thank you for your response or comments. Appreciates so much being welcome in this community. Hope to learn more and have more friends here.

@Julien

Hello

I'm Blessings Hara from Malawi.

I'm in here looking for any employment opportunity that can be found in Switzerland. I want to settle there.

Yes, hello co members..

Hello rubmozo66, welcome on board !

Could you please introduce yourself ? It will be very much appreciated.

All the best,

Bhavna

@Julien Hi there ! I'm Harold Klien a 31 years old, French from Nice and i also do not live there actually but switzerland has been my favourite country to live in for so long but the only problems are the living expenses.

@haroldklein thx you brother I love Swiss as u like my beautiful country we can chat with each other

Hello,

I'm Blessings Hara from Malawi 🇲🇼. I'm currently looking for ways of migrating to Switzerland

@haroldklein brother u have social media

Hi im newbie here.

Im fr Philippines. My aunt is living in zurich and jobless too.  Im planing to move in zurich this year. And was hoping if someone can help me how to find a job directly there in zurich. Any job will do. I would even love to work as a farmer. Hope someone can help me. Im a college graduate.

Thank you so much

Hi Everyone,

I have been working in Basel for past 10 years in an international setting and decided to follow my passion, retrain as psychotherapeutic counsellor for adolescents and adults in the english speaking community of Basel. I have found, working with adolescents and adults for past 10 years that there is such a need within the english speaking community to walk alongside those that are just finding life events difficult for whatever reason.

Hello Levick,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for introduction and for sharing your experience with us.1f609.svg

Do not hesitate to browse on the Switzerland forum to participate in more discussions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien Hello, my name is Michail Spanos and I'm living in Greece. I'm a truck driver, speaking unfortunately greeks and english only, but I'm interesting very seriously to move permanently to Switzerland. I'm 52 years old, I have 3 kids and I want to do my move alone at first and then when I'll be ready I'll call them there. I'm working in a company here in Greece, I'm driving through Italy, France to UK and through Luxembourg, Belgium to Netherlands. I'm very sorry if I bother you but let me know if you can help me about my plans. Thanks for your time.

Hi everyone

I am Tanuja, living in Switzerland for the last 15 years. I have a PhD in human geography from the University of Zurich and currently work as a freelance Researcher. Happy to connect with likeminded people and to support/benefit from the community and services provided through this forum.

Hello,
I'm Blessings Hara from Malawi 🇲🇼. I'm currently looking for ways of migrating to Switzerland
-@blessings hara

Hello,

Impossible without at least a Master degree and more easily a phD...

@Julien Hi there ! I'm Harold Klien a 31 years old, French from Nice and i also do not live there actually but switzerland has been my favourite country to live in for so long but the only problems are the living expenses.
-@haroldklein

If you alone with a good salary, you won't have many problems. You can even spend more if you accomodate in a small town. But to find a job, it is better to have already an address in Switzerland. Not necessary an official. You can rent an airbnb, in a furnished apartment residence (citypop, appartcity, etc...) or a private owner you can rent for some weeks... You can stay for three months in this kind of accommodation, ie without an official address.

@Julien hi, i'm planning to move there in switzerland after my internship here in denmark. i'm a filipino and working as pig farm worker and would like to go there to look for another Job like cow worker. thanks

@Julien I am Ruchell C. Tajora, I want to work in Switzerland and I am 43 years old and live in the Philippines.

I have years of experience as an IT Support, working on issues like application, printer, desktop, laptop, mobile phone, Cisco phone, network, OS reinstallation and troubleshooting. Currently working as a Production Technology Analyst at TELUS International Philippines and responsible for troubleshooting and providing first level of support for Windows and UNIX server alerts. As well as escalating major issues for support teams via bridge, emails, calls or Google Meet.

My dream is to work abroad specially Switzerland, any IT related job will do. I am not picky, I would love to work with anyone and bring all the experiences I have to help with the company IT process improvement. If you have any job for me please send me a message and I'm very much willing to relocate and work for anyone.

@Julien any jobs available in Switzerland

@Julien any jobs available in Switzerland
-@Enok Samuel

We are not a job agency!! 

Hi

Hi
-@Lj Amantoy

You have been told, so these pointless posts will get you nowhere.

Warehouse job mam/sir are available

Closed