Ecuador Requires Arriving Travelers to Be Vaccinated

As of today, December 1st (2021), Ecuador is requiring travelers to show proof of being fully vaccinated against covid in order to enter the country.

Additionally, a negative PCR covid test is required 72 hours or fewer before arrival.

The new rules were announced by Presidente Lasso and appear in an article titled "Lasso announces new precautions..." at the Cuenca Highlife website.  Some new rules affect the capacity levels at certain businesses and require proof of vaccination to enter certain buildings.

The rules are precautions against the potential effects of omicron/covid if its presence is discerned in Ecuador.  Flights from some African countries will not be permitted into Ecuador under the new rules.

Sources... www.cuencahighlife.com and
   the Mr. Second Passport channel on YouTube.com

A declaration of traveler's health is also to be completed before entering Ecuador, according to a U.S. Embassy/Quito website.  Supposedly, the form is available at a Ministry of Health web page.

However, at least from my laptop, the link to the form as provided by the embassy website is unreliable.

If any Expat.com members have a reliable method for accessing this declaration form, please share it .. and also share the geographical location from which you accessed it online, if applicable.

cccmedia

https://encuestas.msp.gob.ec/index.php/947917

The scare that PCR test is needed within 24 hours of flying into Ecuador as intro by yr. email (see below)   
(The USA Embassy in Quito indicates that the covid test now is required to take place within one day...) is what made me read this but then, nothing. So, is the above true? I'm coming there in one week.

Apparently, the three-days-before-travel for testing is still in effect.  (An earlier statement that was briefly posted on this thread was corrected;  it's travel to the U.S. that requires the day-before testing as of the moment.)

However, during The Situation, rules are subject to change with little notice.  Better safe than you-know-what.

I will be flying home to Quito later this month .. and am arranging to get covid-tested the day before, to be ready in case of another change in the rules.

cccmedia in Bucaramanga, Santander, Colombia

Thank you!

Readers of this thread know I have been attempting to link to the health-declaration form that is required for entry into Ecuador as of this month (December 2021).

One member left an "encuestas" link;  however, that is not working from my laptop (here in Bucaramanga).

However, I have found a link that does work in an article just published (dated December 8) at the Cuenca Highlife website.  Its headline includes the phrase Rules for international arrivals.

www.cuencahighlife.com

cccmedia in Bucaramanga, Colombia

According to the Cuenca Highlife article, the health declaration is to be submitted in digital form.

As I do not have a phone with the capability for this, I may have to rely on airport WiFi via my 15-inch laptop computer to provide the declaration to authorities.

I am unclear how to fill out/scan, etc. this form.  Unless I develop new skills, I may have to print the form onto paper in advance, fill it out in longhand .. and present form and laptop to the authorities at the relevant airport for further instructions.

cccmedia in Bucaramanga, Colombia

All offered Vaccines acceptable. I chose the J&J one time shot. I have it documented. And I will Follow be three days prior test. Can this be a pharmacy over the counter test? Or must it be a lab test? Both can be verified. Which?
Respectfully
Lana

When returning to the US are there on sight airport testing locations. Quito Ecuador.

Can I purchase my own USA over the counter covid test and bring it with me to Ecuador. So that I have a FDA approved test to take prior to returning to Ecuador?
Respectfully
Lana

azormes wrote:

Can I purchase my own USA over the counter covid test and bring it with me to Ecuador. So that I have a FDA approved test to take prior to returning to Ecuador?...
Lana

Dear Lana,
You would be wise to read the English-language wording at the U.S. Embassy/Quito website (easily Googled) to verify if what you may be planning is within the rules.

cccmedia

I had 2 Links, the same one like pcoughlin13,
but that one now only leads to an error message.

The other one is this one:
(With no guarantee that this one is the right one)

https://declaracionsalud-viajero.msp.gob.ec/

Greetings from Ibarra

Joe